Director of Financial Planning
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Director of Financial Planning is responsible for managing financial analysis projects and statistical studies. Projects may include evaluation of potential investments, acquisitions of physician practices, joint ventures, management service agreements (MSA), service line development and partnerships. Job responsibilities include all financial aspects of Hackensack Meridian Health's (HMH) goal of achieving growth through acquisitions of physician practices, development of new service line programs, business planning, and a long-term rolling capital formation plan.
A day in the life of a Director of Financial Planning at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists Senior Management in business integration strategies; Coordinates with outside independent valuation specialists on fair market value and commercial reasonableness of transactions; Works closely with the Legal Department, Executive Office, and the Office of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Performs financial forecasting, feasibility and/or sensitivity analysis; Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Analyzes data regarding physician practices to be acquired, joint ventures, MSA's, and partnership projects, conducts due diligence, and uses this information to develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations regarding the impact of a physician practice acquisition, an ACO (Accountable Care Organization) implementation, a merger / acquisition / transaction, on the Organization.
- Reports the monthly financial operations of physician practices, ACOs, joint ventures, MSAs, and partnerships (on a stand-alone and consolidated basis) to Senior Management and/or Board Members, and offers suggestions about resource utilization and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Will lead and assist senior management with the preparation of the 5-year rolling capital formation plan.
- Track performance against capital plans to ensure and or explain variations from the plan and work with Physician Division Finance team to track performance against business plans and follow-up analyses for leaders to utilize for operational improvement.
- New Service Line Development - design business plans on a 3-5 year basis creating tangible metrics including milestones that can be monitored and projecting investments necessary.
- Assists in building monthly analysis including but not limited to productivity, charges vs. cost analysis, etc. and works with Business Intelligence department to standardize within Oracle BI.
- Supervises, trains, assists, reviews, and provides back-up support to Finance Managers and Staff, and promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Adheres to HMH's Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's level degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field.
- Ten or more years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Strong knowledge of not-for-profit accounting.
- Must be highly computer literate, including advanced use of Excel.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves / hands on.
- Must be able to establish effective working relationships with Senior Management and Staff at all levels of the organization.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or other related field.
- Experience in consolidations of a multi-subsidiary or multi-unit organization.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.