Director, Information Services
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Information Services, the Director of Information Services is responsible for three core areas: 1. Delivering the right reporting, analytical tools and insights to supporting the HMH Foundation’s fundraising and donor engagement strategies, 2. Partnering with Foundation leadership, network IT and vendors to ensure business requirements for data architecture and systems are met, and 3. Overseeing a team to effectively and efficiently develop, deploy and train and support users of the data and analytics platform. This role will partner closely with all end users to ensure they are engaged with using the fundraising system and have what they need for reporting and analytics to execute their current and future philanthropy efforts.
A day in the life of a Director of Information Services at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Strategically directs all reporting, analytics and fulfillment activities for the HMH Foundation. Supports an information-driven and decision-making culture by deriving conclusions and identifying trends through the statistical analysis of internal and external data.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to streamline information systems and delivery by improving processes and reporting from our data infrastructure and analytics systems. Advises management on best practices for the design and implementation of data tools, reporting and visualization.
- Effectively communicates with and training stakeholders, including a wide variety of technical and nontechnical team members to ensure outputs meet business needs. Drives continuous education efforts with stakeholders to improve their ability to leverage insights and data for fundraising efforts.
- Designs, deploy, and supports the use of simple, effective and easy to use reporting and analytics solutions.
- Manages intake, execution and fulfillment of all data requests from HMH foundation team members, such as mailing lists, Luminate Online lists, queries and adhoc reports.
- Provides daily management and oversight to a team, providing performance coaching and feedback and ensuring achievement of goals and objectives.
- Engages effectively with senior leaders, frontline fundraisers, other philanthropy staff, and operations/services team members with a positive solutions-oriented mind-set.
- Works in a metrics and goal driven environment requiring a minimum number of goals and metrics be met by each team member and collectively as a team.
- Proactively seeks out ways to engage end users with utilizing the fundraising system for their maximum benefit. Responsible for providing training, using various methods, to all staff across the office. Serves as the subject matter expert and provides ongoing support. Builds and maintains training plans appropriate to users’ roles and job functions.
- Leads and manages internal user groups. Participates in external user groups keeping up to date on best practices.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field, seeking professional development opportunities to improve department efficiencies and personal skill development and provide recommendations for new processes, upgrades, or equipment, when necessary.
- Works in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with reporting and data analytic tools, especially Tableau.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database system.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative, innovation and flexibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to interact and communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment.
- Maintains confidential information and materials.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Working knowledge of fundraising principles and practices is desirable.
- Computer proficiency in Google Office Suite applications.
- Experience working with a large multi-hospital system.
- Tableau certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.