Director, Facility Management, Central
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Director, Facilities is responsible for ensuring the proper operation and maintenance of all ambulatory and non-hospital owned and leased facilities for over 1.5 million feet of space in Central NJ properties. This role directs and oversees all operations of the organization's facilities management function. Oversight of maintaining and creating value in real property consistent with the owner's relations, financial budgeting, expense control, and all other operational aspects of the property in compliance with Hackensack Meridian Health administrative policy and the highest standard of professional ethics.
A day in the life of a Director, Facility Management, Central Region at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Manages and approves building management concerns, especially repairs and renovations, with local management.
- Ensures that facilities remain operational and coordinates maintenance and annual assessment of safety and security systems.
- Responsible for departmental moves, expansions, consolidations, and construction projects.
- Obtains and prepares cost estimates and ensures projects occur within budgeted levels and conform to HMH specifications.
- Manages external resources such as architects, general contractors, construction managers, and furniture vendors. (50+ vendors)
- Ensures that outside resources i.e., architects and general contractors prepare proper documents according to codes and monitors the build out of construction projects.
- Manages the development of new facilities i.e., physician offices, medical arts buildings, hospital based outpatient services, data center, billing and other administrative offices.
- Ensures that the construction documents are in accordance with the specific needs of the end user
- Acts as project manager for the construction of the facility from construction to completion.
- Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development, and supervision of team members.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement.
- Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals.
- Coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of 6 direct reports.
- Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas.
- Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested.
- Develops, recommends, and/or implements actions or process improvements as appropriate.
- Completes all other assigned duties and projects in a timely fashion.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- 10 years of experience in Property Management.
- 7 years of management experience. (project and/or people)
- Proficient Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Project management and negotiation skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skill
- Organizational skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- BS in Property Management or other Technical Area.
- Experienced facility manager with construction experience
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.