Director, CTS, Pediatrics
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Healthour healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Under the leadership of the respective Vice President, Care Transformational Services (VP CTS), and in partnership with CTS physician leadership, local site leaders and other constituents, the CTS Directors, are responsible for planning, administering and directing service line activities across all Hackensack Meridian Health entities to help the network achieve institutional alignment and integration of the service line that meets and/or exceeds national standards. Ensures efficient and effective deployment of service line initiatives and processes and acts as a key interface with HR, Finance, and IT for cross-functional initiatives and responsibilities. Works collaboratively with the campus leadership to ensure consistency of processes in order to maximize initiatives for improving benchmarking, and leveraging technology platforms to support service line operations. In partnership with the VP CTS, physician and local leadership teams, assists in service line operational and workforce optimization in productivity, FTE resource management, harmonization and consistency. Serves as part of the service line leadership team, reporting on relevant data and key metrics aligned with Hackensack Meridian Health network service line goals and initiatives. Responsible for monitoring and analyzing key financial indicators and performance metrics. Makes recommendations to modify business activities as needed in response to changing financial situations. Participates by mentoring and coaching campus service line leaders in growth and professional development in all aspects of service line performance and leadership. Assist in the development of clinical protocols that use evidence-based best practices to provide consistency and drive performance outcomes.
A day in the life of a Director of CTS, Pediatrics at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Directs activities to lead the organization redesign of value-based healthcare delivery models.
- Facilitate methods of improving workforce initiatives and effectiveness and efficiencies for service line operations across HMH network.
- Responsible for the development of a dynamic and cohesive interprofessional care transformation team approach and subsequent policies and procedures to value-based care redesign.
- Assists VP CTS with development of business plans to support business growth opportunities, program development and any other special projects.
- Directs individual departmental leadership responsibilities and goals, e.g., comparative analysis of traditional specific costs in comparison with an innovative and interprofessional approach.
- Oversee, organize, staff, direct, and control the network departments and centralized CTS staff. Collaborate with hospital leadership to ensure support is provided to meet operational needs of the medical center. This position effectively supervises staff, coordinates staffing, oversees payroll, supports throughput, quality and safety outcomes, staff competency, hiring, clinical and staff corrective actions, quality care and other departmental activities to support the mission, vision and values of Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Directly oversees the clinical/operational integration of all value-based initiatives to assure successful on-going immersion activities of process improvement initiatives by organizing and overseeing the execution of care re-engineering.
- Utilizes CMS required metric tools to report clinical and fiscal compliance, as well as to demonstrate value-based process improvements within the organization.
- In collaboration with senior administration, determine and manage the organization¿s resources and continuing education needed to ensure success of the program.
- Responsible for initiating and attending care transformation team meetings at the local sites to ensure and facilitate achievement of clinical and fiscal objectives related to the performance of the service line at Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Reports progress and needs to senior leadership on a recurrent basis under new leadership structure with VP CTS.
- Serves as a resource leader and liaison to clinical, IT and fiscal team members across the continuum to evaluate complex care transformation issues and identify appropriate desired outcomes and interventions.
- Develops, implements and maintains the necessary systems to ensure accurate and comprehensive tracking of all service line business/operational/financial aspects. Develops and analyses monthly service line dashboards.
- In partnership with finance, business intelligence, strategy and CTS analyst (future), identifies, tracks, analyzes, and reports on relevant data and metrics, including identification of opportunities, obstacles and potential industry developments which will drive service line operation and strategy development and to strengthen the performance of the service line at HMH.
- Analyzes data to proactively identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement; identifies areas requiring focused response, participates in root cause analyses and development of actionable items.
- Executes strategies to provide consistent service line operational performance and practice.
- Resource to leaders for guidance on financial management and planning, productivity reporting, and purchasing.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and standards of the Hackensack Meridian Network.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Masters (MA/MS/MBS/MPA, MBA, MHA) degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare operations and service line management within a large integrated health care organization, with at least 7 years in a leadership role.
- Extensive budget experience.
- Excellent financial management, delegation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, internally and externally.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience with engaging and building relationships with network leadership.
- Understanding of the business implications of moving from volume to value-based payment for care.
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance as related to the service line.
- Knowledge of health care and business analytics, metrics, benchmarks, economic engines and standards that drive and/or shape the industry.
- Ability to establish and measure various metrics to assess success of the service line.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative, workable strategies and tactics to accomplish goals and objectives
- Strong leadership presence, relationship building skills and ability to influence, lead and direct individuals in multiple functional areas and across all levels of employees, management and community leaders
- Knowledge of care transformation principles.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to identify problems, develop solutions and execute in collaboration with other leaders or constituents.
- Ability to develop a high performing team and Steering Committees, articulate vision, create trust, drive the HMH culture and build consensus.
- Strong business acumen focusing on results.
- A market shaper and innovator within the HMH culture.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.