Director, Corporate Partnerships
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Director, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for overseeing corporate sponsorship investments and for managing a portfolio of current and prospective corporate partners with a focus on delivering ongoing communication and engagement opportunities that build relationships and lead to increasing investment in the work of HMH Foundation. The ideal candidate for this position will have significant experience building high-touch, long-term relationships with corporate and other funders as well as demonstrated success soliciting and securing support.
This position will include a combination of remote and on-site work.
A day in the life of a Director of Corporate Partnerships at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Establishes, builds, enhances and sustains strong, long-term relationships with corporate donors and prospects.
- Manages information sharing, cultivation and stewardship of leadership who are on the staff, in management and on boards of top corporate donors and prospects as appropriate.
- Builds a pipeline of corporate donors by performing research to proactively identify and qualify viable prospects.
- In collaboration with HMH Foundation leadership and colleagues, writes, edits and submits letters of inquiry, proposals, concept papers, project budgets, updates, reports and acknowledgement letters.
- Provides informed guidance to the VP, Systemwide Development of potential partnership opportunities with corporate partners who may be aligned to support HMH through other means based on institutional strengths and priorities, including the support of capital campaigns.
- Identifies new prospective corporations with potential for support and cultivates relationships with these entities via face to face meetings, electronic and other correspondence and verbal communications, including cold calling.
- Maintains appropriate donors records and documents, including proposals, reports, agreements and other pertinent documents.
- Works collaboratively with HMH Executive Leadership to understand strategic funding opportunities and priorities.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of capital and other special campaign(s).
- Collaborates with internal partners across the Foundation as well as the HMH Network to create and manage a benefits and recognition program for corporate sponsors, leveraging current donor benefits and concierge programs, while offering new opportunities that motivate corporate partners.
- Works collaboratively with the Strategic Events team, Institutional Giving team and other colleagues to create and present mutually beneficial sponsorship proposals, closes sponsorship contracts, activate sponsor benefits in a timely manner; report sponsor outcomes to the corporate partner; and broadly steward corporations’ relationships as appropriate and in conjunction with Donor Relations colleagues.
- Participates in Systemwide Development team meetings and strategy sessions
- Ensure that appropriate legal and governance arrangements are in place for all partnerships, working closely with Finance, Risk and Legal teams.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- It is understood that the Director, Corporate Partnership role will evolve or change with the priority needs and direction of HMHF, as determined by the CDO of HMHF
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of fundraising or related experience, including experience soliciting and closing major gifts and/or sponsorships.
- Experience working in or with corporations, within a philanthropic relationship, preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collegial team player able to interact effectively with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment and eager to contribute to the collaborative goals of an organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Experience with any CRM (Client Relationship Management) or sales force tracking tool.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Working knowledge of fundraising principles and practices desirable.
- Highly functional with Google Office.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.