Dir, Fam Med Residency Program
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program is responsible for ensuring the residency remains compliant with the ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Family Medicine and the applicable ACGME Institutional Requirements. He/She will serve as a teacher and practitioner role model for the Family Medicine Residents and medical students. It is vital that the person in this position have a well-balanced concept and strong commitment to the practice of family medicine and the visions and missions of Hackensack Meridian Health and the residency program. He/She must be able to work as an active team member in a Patient-Centered Medical Home focusing on high quality resident/student education and patient care. This position reports to the Chair of the JFK Family Medicine Department. This position is deemed to be 60% administrative, 20% teaching, and 20% clinical.
A day in the life of a Director of Family Medicine Residency Program at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Teaching Responsibilities:
- Precepts residents in the Family Medicine Center as assigned.
- Precepting may include prenatal care.
- Supervises residents on the Family Medicine inpatient service on a rotational basis.
- Supervises patient care at the nursing homes and other locations as assigned.
- Provides clinical instruction to medical students rotating through Family Medicine.
- Maintains Current Certification:
- Maintains membership on the JFK Medical Staff.
- Maintains a current and unrestricted NJ Medical License and Family Medicine MD or DO Board Certification.
- Faculty Development Research:
- Participates in ongoing faculty development as exhibited by attendance at faculty development workshops, appropriate readings, and programs developed on and off site.
- Personally works on developing scholarly activities including presentations at professional meetings.
- Acts as advisor and supervisor for resident research projects.
- Administrative Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring the residency program remains compliant with the ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Family Medicine and the applicable ACGME Institutional Requirements.
- This includes the review, development and implementation of the Family Medicine Residency Program curriculum, and policies and procedures for the program.
- In conjunction with the faculty, provides equitable and timely resident evaluation in order to adequately communicate academic status and any feedback for improvement.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process of resident applicants to the program.
- Maintains flexibility regarding scheduling and assignments from the Department Chair in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Participates in various hospital department committees as needed and assigned by the Department Chair.
- Provides Direct Patient Care:
- Average 2 half-days per week of patient care in the Family Medicine Center.
- Round on hospitalized patients on a rotational basis along with other faculty.
- If included in the Program Director's clinical privileges, may provide patient care and resident supervision on labor and delivery as assigned.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of medical records in the Family Medicine Center, hospital, and nursing home according to medical staff bylaws.
- Remains current in the practice of Family Medicine as exemplified by participation in hospital and residency conferences and outside CMEs on a yearly basis. Available during the night, weekend, and holiday coverage on a rotational basis.
- Family Medicine Residency Training required
- Clinical practice experience required
- M.D./D.O. - Board Certified in Family Medicine required
- Prior residency and/or medical school leadership experience required
- Clinical patient care, teaching, administrative, research, and computer skills
- Valid NJ medical license required
- Three years of prior faculty leadership experience preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.