Dir, Diagnostic Imaging
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life as a Diagnostic Imaging Director at Hackensack Meridian Includes:
- Establishes and maintains effective procedures to monitor and control activities within the employee's responsibility. Effectively assists staff in improving performance by communicating goals and standards and by providing feedback on a consistent ongoing basis. Monitors the progress and results of delegated assignments to address potential obstacles. Coordinates activity of departmental personnel with those of other parts of the organization to reach our common goal of increasing customer satisfaction and reducing patient length of stay. Encourages and facilitates staff participation in committees, activities, seminars and educational opportunities offered by the Medical Center and outside organizations. Develops an effective leadership team of physicians, managers, professional and clerical staff.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory and accrediting standards. Maintains a Quality Assurance Plan and continuously monitors Q.A.indicators. Assures compliance with local, state and federal regulatory and accrediting standards. Maintans and updates a Performance Improvement Plan and continuously monitors PI indicators. Assures adequate professional/technical/clerical staffing to meet the procedural demands of the institution while complying with annual budgeted dollars and maintaining a quality program which meets or exceeds JCAHO standards. Evaluates technical and nursing care by accepted professional, ethical, standards of care practice and current legal guidelines.
- Appropriately develops, implements and manages budget and resources within areas of responsibility, maintaining high quality of care and patient satisfaction and provides justification of variances. Assists Vice President in the overall monitoring of the budget, expenses and revenue. Participates in various benchmarking studies to evaluate Imaging performance. Monitors overall productivity and advises Vice President as appropriate.
- Completes the bi-monthly payroll within the time frame established to meet the payroll deadlines. Evaluates job performance of personnel as required. Completes performance appraisal forms for assigned employees on a timely basis.
- Recognizes problems early in their development and takes necessary steps to eliminate excess waste of time and resources. Regularly generates innovative solutions and ideas which support the goals of the organization and participates in the implementation of same. Regularly participates in the functioning of interdepartmental committees to meet the goals of the organization to implement changes better to meet our goals. Effectively establishes priorities and manages time so that key problems are resolved expediently.
- Meets deadlines of all assigned and routine reports and projects (i.e. monthly reports, evaluations, special projects, surveys). Attends meetings on time and is appropriately prepared.
1. A minimum of 5 years administrative experience in healthcare organizations, with a background and progressive scope of achievement in Imaging management and leadership.
2. Satisfactory completion of formal accredited program in radiology technology, Sonography, Nuclear Medicine and or MRI.
3. Demonstrated background in Organizational development and leadership. Working knowledge of diagnostic imaging modalities. Strong interpersonal, communication and staff development skills required. Strong working knowledge of PC technology.
4. Baccalaureate degree in healthcare administration or a related field preferred.
5. Licensed in Radiologic Technology, Sonography, Nuclear Medicine and/or MRI
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.