How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Dietary Aide, under the supervision of the Cook/Supervisor, Dietary Director and Assistant Director, delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors while assisting in the general operations of the Food Service department. S/he is responsible for handling food in accordance with sanitary regulations and adhering to therapeutic diet guidelines. This position is also responsible for serving food at proper temperatures, meeting meal times, following cleaning schedules, operating kitchen equipment safely, and adhering to personal hygiene policy.
A day in the life of a Dietary Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Completes all assignments in regards to daily food preparation such as tray assembly positions according to department procedures
- Prepares, pours, or portions some hot or cold items such as desserts, beverages, toast, meat and vegetable salads, sandwiches, lemons, garnishes, etc. for service.
- Maintains proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean-up.
- Prepares and delivers food to resident floors and sets up patient trays
- Delivers and retrieves resident trays according to departmental procedure.
- Receives soiled trays, removes soiled dishes and returns cleaned and dried trays and smallware to proper places.
- Knowledge of various diets. Knows patient diet restrictions and is able to serve trays according to these restrictions.
- Washes hands frequently and prior to returning or starting work.
- Wears gloves according to policy and removes them and reapplies them when appropriate.
- Covers hair completely when serving and preparing food.
- Maintains proper temperatures for both hot and cold water.
- Follows cleaning schedules.
- Keeps floor dry and reports spills immediately.
- Keeps excess supplies and equipment off the floor and stored in designated area.
- Reports hazardous conditions and defective equipment.
- Ensure tray checks are compliant with all diet modifications and meet productivity standard.
- Understands diet modifications including sodium, liquid modified consistency and portion control.
- Handles food in accordance with sanitary and safety regulations for food handling and equipment
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains dining area, equipment and food contact surfaces including, ut not limited to refrigerators and food storage areas.
- Cleans and scrapes dishes in preparation for washing, and stores dishes after they are dry.
- Readies dishwasher for proper operations by placing all dishes, lids and trays on racks
- Cleans and maintains floor, floor drains and stainless steel making sure they are sanitary.
- Reports any equipment or safety problems immediately
- Removes and disposes of all garbage and trash, including liquid waste, to proper areas.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Handles special projects and rush assignments as needed, in a timely manner.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Prior experience in Food Service
- High School diploma or equivalent
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.