Dietary Aide at Whispering Knoll
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Dietary Aide at Hackensack Meridian includes:
The Dietary Aide, under the supervision of the Cook/Supervisor, Dietary Director and Assistant Director, is responsible for handling food in accordance with sanitary regulations and adhering to therapeutic diet guidelines. This position is also responsible for serving food at proper temperatures, meeting meal times, following cleaning schedules, operating kitchen equipment safely, and adhering to personal hygiene policy.
A. Prepares, delivers and retrieves trays.
1. Knowledge of various diets. Knows patient diet restrictions and is able to serve trays according to these restrictions.
2. Sets up patient trays according to tray cards.
3. Delivers trays and snacks to patients. Assists patient with tray set up needed.
4. Retrieves patient trays after meals.
5. Washes dishes, glassware and utensils by hand and by machine according to policy.
6. Cleans and sanitizes dining area.
7. Follows proper portion control procedures.
B. Knowledge of all aspects of sanitation and safety for food handling and equipment.
1. Handles food in a sanitary manner.
2. Follows cleaning schedules.
3. Is knowledgeable of chemicals he/she uses.
4. Keeps floor dry and reports spills immediately.
5. Keeps excess supplies and equipment off the floor and stored in designated area.
6. Reports hazardous conditions and defective equipment.
7. Cleans and disinfects equipment according to policy.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.