How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
The DEI Coordinator supports the local hospital sites by region (North, Central, and South). The DEI Coordinator will support local hospitals and network leadership in the implementation of DEI programs, initiatives, and Affirmative Action Plans. The DEI Coordinator answers general DEI questions from team members and escalates concerns as appropriate. This role performs required tasks/initiatives, follows established guidelines/procedures, maintains appropriate documentation, and delivers service in a professional and efficient manner. This role is responsible for providing assistance to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and an overall positive team member experience. The DEI Coordinator will ensure that applicants and team members are given equal opportunities in employment and contracting activities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
A day in the life of a DEI Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Supports implementation of all DEI programs and initiatives within the assigned regional area.
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition Partners by developing and implementing strategies to source qualified diverse candidates to meet requirements for positions from internal, external, and/or referral candidate pools including attending recruiting events.
- Implements DEI recruitment strategy to help source and evaluate candidate assessment and selection which comply with all legal requirements.
- Helps to create, implement, and maintain the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) program.
- Partners with Team Member Relations to compile, analyze, interpret, and submit relevant team member data necessary for external (government) and internal EEO compliance, reporting, and monitoring.
- Collaborates with Team Member Relations, HRIS, and Recruitment to use appropriate statistical software or tools to measure and monitor equal opportunity and affirmative action plan compliance.
- Partners with Team Member Relations to ensure timely processing and review of complaints by coordinating, monitoring, and streamlining complaint procedures where applicable (Title 7).
- Reports survey results, statistics, and recommendations for corrective action to the SVP of Strategic HR, Hospital Presidents, leaders within HMH, and other key stakeholders for implementation.
- Addresses internal inquiries regarding civil rights and equal opportunity laws and regulations as appropriate based on expertise and refers/escalates sensitive issues and concerns to Mgr, Cultural Diversity, Legal, and/or other key stakeholders.
- Records discriminatory factors and corrective actions identified through investigations of employment practices or alleged violations pursuant to established documentation procedures.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience related to AAP, EEO-1, and AA-302 filings.
- Expertise in DEI approaches and solutions.
- Strong consulting skills to uncover business needs, make recommendations, and develop solutions.
- Demonstrated skill in multiple communication modalities i.e., written, presentation, 1:1, etc.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- Prior healthcare experience.
- Experience with Performance Improvement tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in DEI/Human Resources.
- Project management skills.
- Well-organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- EEOC Certification.
- Certified Diversity Professional.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.