CT Tech (Cat Scan Tech) (Full Time)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A Day in the Life of a Comp Tomography Tech at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Verifies the patient name and date of birth prior to exam and ensures all the correct information on the order and prescriptions are entered into the various computer systems correctly.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper patient positioning, imaging techniques and machine settings to ensure high quality imaging. Scan the exams following department protocols.
- Reviews charts and other documents to confirm the physician orders for accuracy and appropriateness. The technologist seeks further clarification from the Nursing Unit, ordering physician or radiologist when conflicting information or symptoms are presented. Maintains room inventory and equipment checklist appropriately and in a timely manner as per department protocol.
- Provides coverage and support to the imaging team to maintain service level agreements. Maintains technical proficiency in the use of all equipment in department including AW work stations for advanced imaging processing. Able to use workstations for advanced imaging processing. Calculates proper dose and administration of contrast material both oral and intravenous .
- Ensures that all criteria for scheduling and performing tests are met such as: bloodwork, safety check list, ALARA, medication administration prior to and during testing.
- Introduces themselves, explains procedure to patient to decrease anxiety and increase patient cooperation in a confident and personable manner and allows time for any questions the patient may have. Communicates with physician offices, patient nursing units and ordering physicians to facilitate scheduling and/or completion of exams in a professional manner consistent with the organizational values. Knowledge of Cyraphone for proper communication. Assumes leadership responsibility in absence of supervisor but contacts a Team Leader/Administrator for their advice when unusual problems or circumstances occur.
- Utilizes and documents in the RIS (Clinstar), entering all fields and completing exam, correct physicians name and patient account. Verify exams in PACS after completing proper documentation as per PACS protocol. Ensure technical data entry
- Complies with hospital, local, state and federal regulatory and accrediting standards as well as department specific protocols and policies.
- Participates in the evaluation of individual studies to improve patient outcomes and operational efficiencies. Participates in continuing education and completes required E-Learning as assigned and maintains necessary Continuing Education Units (CEU's).
- Checks inventory and replenishes supplies as needed. Performs duties as assigned by department, manager and/or director on assigned projects such as collecting data for Process Improvement. Participates in the orientation and training of new employees and
- Technologist is proficient in Cat Scan/X-Ray/Vascular/Ultrasound/Nuclear Medicine/Interventional and MRI modalities.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school or Radiologic Tecnology, meeting the requiremens for registry and/or licensure in the state of New Jersey. Registry with ARRT(CT) or NMTCB.
- 3 years experience in diagnostic imaging preferred.
- Performance of all diagnostic computed tomography procedurs as described in the departmental standards.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Diagnostic Radiography License - D.R.
- American Registry of RT (CT) Technologist Certification - ARRT-CT
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification - BLS
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.