How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for the administration of Hackensack Meridian Health Compensation programs.
A day in the life of a Compensation Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Serves as a Compensation Business Partner for a segment of Hackensack Meridian Health encompassing those directors and all of their department roll-ups regarding any and all inquiries related to compensation.
- Researches and resolves compensation issues based on employee inquiries.
- Provides merit increase calculations and projections to the Finance department for budget planning purposes.
- Calculates all Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) and Management Incentive Plan (MIP) quarterly and annual results and provides Senior Leadership with projected payouts and overall cost.
- Handles all MSS transactions within PeopleSoft that roll up to the Compensation department including, but not limited to, pay rate change requests, employee transfers, position reclassifications, and additional pay changes.
- Manages the Human Resources Job Description Library ensuring all job descriptions are updated as well as in the proper job description format.
- Develops job descriptions reflecting appropriate title, essential functions, qualifications, and requirements.
- Conducts internal comparisons to ensure wage and salary range recommendations are equitable.
- Evaluates and analyzes salary data and recommends salary ranges as appropriate based on market data.
- Assists in the area of physician compensation when necessary.
- Participates in compensation surveys compiling and submitting requested data followed by analyzing the results and making recommendations accordingly.
- Compiles statistical information and prepares reports relating to compensation and position management utilizing the HRIS system.
- Creates and provides reports using PeopleSoft and Excel spreadsheets.
- May provide support for productivity programs (gainsharing, patient experience) as needed, such as program implementation or maintenance.
- Partners with all divisions within Human Resources as well as Finance and Payroll in various functions.
- Travel time required as needed.
- Adheres to the standards identified by the Medical Center¿s Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related area.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Working knowledge of HR systems.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation from World at Work.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.