Clinlab Phlebotomist ( Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Clinlab phlebotomist registers and collects appropriate specimens from properly identified patients. The phlebotomist receives specimens in the laboratory, enters required information into the designated computer application and delivers specimens to the correct departments. Accurate registration, timely collection, and specimen processing is essential for the efficient operation of the laboratory.
A day in the life of the Clinlab Phlebotomist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Demonstrates accuracy in entering and canceling orders. Make corrections in LIS as necessary. Demonstrate knowledge in current downtime procedures. Accurately enters Clinlab comment for critical values.
- Effectively and efficiently schedule and map route for house call run. Select proper patient from MPI/ add patient if needed. Perform registration in appropriate applications. Merge appropriate admission type, if applicable. Verify patient information is accurate and matches provided demographics. Update patient information and date of service when required. Maintains accurate demographic information entry. Demonstrate knowledge in current downtime procedures. Monitor orders for potential expiration; obtain new order if needed. Contact patient/ designated caregiver to set up/ confirm appointment.
- Properly identify patient using a minimum of 2 identifiers. Perform routine venipuncture on patients using proper techniques and procedures. Uses proper device selection. Collect specimens in proper container. Demonstrate accuracy in specimen labeling. Initial and distribute specimens to the appropriate section of the lab.
- Participates in competency testing . Prepares supply requests for storeroom and delivery to other facilities. Review results from daily collection. Pleasantly answer phones and accurately report results to facility or physician's representative. Fax reports as requested. Report Critical Values according to procedure. Inform supervisor of defective supplies/equipment. Maintain clean and organized work space. Exhibits flexibility when there are changes in job responsibilities. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Provides coverage of phlebotomy/ registration services within the Clinlab department as assigned. Exhibits scheduling flexibility to assist in ensuring all areas are properly covered. Functions effectively in all offsite locations by performing phlebotomy, registrations, and sending specimens for processing to the lab designated by the JFK Lab Insurance Matrix
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum one year hospital lab experience.
- Good manual dexterity-must satisfactorily complete on the job training provided by the Section Head with probationary period.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.