- Requisition # 2023-138886
- StatusPart-time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Clinlab phlebotomist registers and collects appropriate specimens from properly identified patients. The phlebotomist receives specimens in the laboratory, enters required information into the designated computer application and delivers specimens to the correct departments. Accurate registration, timely collection, and specimen processing is essential for the efficient operation of the laboratory.
A day in the life of a Clinlab Phlebotomist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Demonstrates accuracy in entering and canceling orders. Make corrections in LIS as necessary. Demonstrate knowledge in current downtime procedures. Accurately enters Clinlab comment for critical values.
2. Effectively and efficiently schedule and map route for house call run. Select proper patient from MPI/ add patient if needed. Perform registration in appropriate applications. Merge appropriate admission type, if applicable. Verify patient information is accurate and matches provided demographics. Update patient information and date of service when required. Maintains accurate demographic information entry. Demonstrate knowledge in current downtime procedures. Monitor orders for potential expiration; obtain new order if needed. Contact patient/ designated caregiver to set up/ confirm appointment.
3. Properly identify patient using a minimum of 2 identifiers. Perform routine venipuncture on patients using proper techniques and procedures. Uses proper device selection. Collect specimens in proper container. Demonstrate accuracy in specimen labeling. Initial and distribute specimens to the appropriate section of the lab.
4. Participates in competency testing . Prepares supply requests for storeroom and delivery to other facilities. Review results from daily collection. Pleasantly answer phones and accurately report results to facility or physician's representative. Fax reports as requested. Report Critical Values according to procedure. Inform supervisor of defective supplies/equipment. Maintain clean and organized work space. Exhibits flexibility when there are changes in job responsibilities. Performs additional duties as assigned.
5. Provides coverage of phlebotomy/ registration services within the Clinlab department as assigned. Exhibits scheduling flexibility to assist in ensuring all areas are properly covered. Functions effectively in all offsite locations by performing phlebotomy, registrations, and sending specimens for processing to the lab designated by the JFK Lab Insurance Matrix
6. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
7. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Good manual dexterity-must satisfactorily complete on the job training provided by the Section Head with probationary period.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum one year of hospital lab experience or a phlebotomy license/certification from an accredited school.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Intensive Treatment Psych Unit- F/T DaysHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- CC Older Adult Unit - P/T with Benefits EveningsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Carrier Clinic Float Dept.- F/T EveningHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.