About Hackensack Meridian Health
Hackensack Meridian Health nurses care for patients and their families at every stage of life, 24 hours a day, at bedsides in 9 community hospitals, 4 academic medical centers, a behavioral health hospital, 2 children's hospitals, 2 rehabilitation hospitals, medical offices, and care facilities across the state.
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Hackensack Meridian Health is one of the most recognized health care networks in the country for nursing excellence with 7 Magnet designations. In joining our nursing team, you'll work with collaborative colleagues, who are pushing each other - and patient care - to keep getting better.
What makes a successful Clinical Nurse Specialist -P/T with Benefits Days at Hackensack Meridian Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Requisition # 2023-131824
- Shift Day
- Status Part-time with Benefits
The Clinical Nurse Specialist is a Master's prepared Registered Nurse. Through advanced educational & clinical experience, the CNS is an expert in a specialized area in nursing including Labor & Delivery, Nursery and Post Partum. The CNS serves as a role model for excellence in nurse knowledge and clinical practice. The CNS role is organized around four major functions: clinical practitioner/consultant, leadership, educator and researcher.
1. Implements components of direct and indirect care to patients requiring advanced clinical expertise of sophisticated problem solving abilities. Guides the nursing staff in developing care plans for patients who have complex needs or whose needs require complex interventions. Provides expert nursing consultation and practice oversight in areas including critical care, neuro-critical care and stroke. Collaborates with patients, families and health care providers in achieving optimal patient outcomes.
2. Chairs and/or participates in hospital wide and interdepartmental committees as assigned. Utilizes collected performance improvement data to communicate opportunities to improve outcomes. Complies with regulatory requirements. Supports the delivery of care through evidence-based acute stroke assessment and management. Functions as a resource person to the nursing staff as requested and identified. Partners with the psychiatrists to deliver treatment to patients.
3. Promotes professional development of staff. Plans, develops, promotes and conducts nursing educational programs and in-service activities, continuing education programs related to critical care, neuro-critical care, and acute stroke, policy and procedure review and determined unit competencies.
4. Initiates nursing practice changes based on the latest evidence and research. Plans educational activities based on quality outcomes, participation in the performance improvement process, and needs of staff. Identifies clinical nursing problems relevant for study or examination and participates in the systematic investigation of selected clinical research problems and studies including critical care, neuro-critical care and comprehensive stroke research.
5. Coordinates, implements and evaluates the education programs and other unit initiatives.
6. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
7. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Master's degree in nursing.
2. At least 3 years of related nursing experience.
3. Experience with related equipment including but not limited to mechanical ventilation, hemodynamic monitoring and other life sustaining equipment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Previous teaching or education background.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist License.
2. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
collaborative work environment
compassionate nursing culture
substantial tuition reimbursement
Gossar Assistant Nurse Manager, Critical Care Unit
Southern Ocean Medical Center
To be a newer nurse and become an assistant manager of a critical care unit speaks to the opportunities Hackensack Meridian Health can provide. Also, the teamwork and team members I have been exposed to here are second to none."
NURSING ANNUAL REPORT
Check out our latest Nursing Annual Report to learn more about the achievements of our nursing team.
Nursing with us
Be part of an exceptional and nationally recognized network, where nurses are ready to provide the care patients need to keep getting better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our integrated nursing team is ready to provide the highest level of care each and every day.
Our event opportunities allow teammates alternate ways of meeting and collaborating, which builds a sense of belonging.
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Case Manager (East Mountain Youth Lodge) - Full TimeHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Behavioral Health- Acute Care Unit- P/T with benefits NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse - Carrier Clinic- Per Diem, EveningsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.