Clinical Computer Coordinator - OR Support Services - F/T with Benefits Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Clinical Computer Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Responsible for the Perioperative computer system and maintaining the supply and implant database for JFK Health System.
- Responsible for the OR scheduling database.
- Oversees OR charging for JFK OR and reviews Mediplex charging, as needed.
- Provides routine reports and creates new reports as requested.
- Reviews and maintains the Perioperative and OR Scheduling databases (EPIC, PeopleSoft, BI, etc.). Tests and documents all data base modifications (upgrades, new implementations, etc.).
- Reviews all items not found in the EPIC database.
- Enters new item according to policy.
- Performs OR charging functions as needed.
- Reviews OR (Mediplex) charges before they are processed to ensure accuracy.
- Trains employees to perform OR charging.
- Updates charging procedure as needed.
- Acts a liaison to Finance, IT, and Materials.
- Works with Purchasing and Materials Management to update inventory locations in EPIC.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems in the OR (Epic, PeopleSoft, RN Workstations and PACs). Coordinates and provides computer training.
- Performs global updates and updates resource maps as needed.
- Assigns procedures to surgeons based on their credentials.
- Creates resource maps for the new physicians and for new/additional procedures as needed.
- Prints routine reports. Creates new computer reports as needed and requested for Preoperative databases (EPIC, PeopleSoft, BI, etc.).
- Reviews OR nursing data entry reports and makes corrections or has nursing make corrections as needed.
- Operating Room Nurse or Surgical Tech experience required (3-5 years preferred).
- High school diploma. Graduation from approved nursing school or completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program.
- Working knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office and Epic). Knowledge of daily OR operations.
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License - RN LIC 1 (or)
- Certified Surgical Technologist – CST
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.