CIN Operations Specialist
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The CIN (Clinically Integrated Network) Operations Specialist supports the broader CIN Management Team (leaders) across the following domains: Organization Governance, Payor Operations, Performance Operations, Program Operations and Corporate Services. Primary responsibilities include coordination of the Master Schedule, Business Assets/Library, SOPs, documentation management and general support.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related degree/field
- Minimum 2+ years work experience in Population Health and/or ambulatory medical practice or related environment.
- Knowledge of the payor and provider landscape, value-based care models and population health strategies.
- The ability to adapt to and leverage new and evolving platforms, complex technologies, formulas, and time saving strategies to optimize planning and analysis, execute efficiently, simplify workflows and reduce redundancy and errors across the enterprise.
- The tenacity to persevere through complex problems and deep/wide set of leaders and executive level stakeholders.
- Solid critical thinking skills that include the ability to problem-solve, re-frame & pivot and ruthlessly prioritize tasks, goals and objectives. Additionally, the judgement and discipline to ensure self/teams remain focused on high value activities, avoid distractions and adjust priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to deliver complex information and achieve positive results. This includes development of Standard Operating Procedures, tracking & monitoring tools, schedules, maps/charts, and supporting materials.
- Adaptive process and technical orientation/skills: analytically minded with the ability to learn new systems quickly. The ability to adapt to and leverage evolving platforms, complex technologies, formulas, and time saving strategies to optimize planning and analysis, execute efficiently, simplify workflows and reduce redundancy and errors across the enterprise.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and habitual drive for validation, quality control and testing.
- Flexible, detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize responsibilities.
- Identifies and reports issues to appropriate levels of management in a timely manner. Assists in the problem-solving process and prompt resolution of identified issues.
- Proficient in key features of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the Google Workspace platform to include, but not limited to, Drive, Gmail, Google Meet, Docs, Sheets, Forms and Slides.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree in Population Health/VBC, Health Care Administration or related field.
- 5+ years work experience in Population Health and/or ambulatory medical practice or related environment.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.