Certified Pharmacy Tech ( Part - Time)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pharmacy Technician assists Registered Pharmacists and other healthcare providers in a manner to provide medications accurately, safely and efficiently to the patient population served by Ocean Medical Center. Work at all times under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist.
A Day in the Life of a Pharmacy Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Obtain necessary medications as documented on current patient records accurately and as needed to meet administration times.
- Prepare and dispense sterile products and IV admixtures using aseptic technique.
- Prepare medication compounds according to 'recipe' once ingredients have been checked by a Registered Pharmacist.
- Repackage medications for unit-of-use distribution.
- Deliver medications to patient care areas as scheduled or directed by a Pharmacist in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with all members of the healthcare team in an effective and professional manner.
- NJ Registered Pharmacy technician
- NJ Pharmacy technician certification preferred (PTCB)
- 1-3 years experience as hospital pharmacy technician preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.