Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA
$2,500 Sign-on Bonus!
Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing & Rehab is currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus to CNAs who join our team! Please apply today so that we can discuss your future and career with Hackensack Meridian Health!
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The role of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) is to demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional resident care. The C.N.A. also ensures resident’s plan of care is followed. He or she must complete all required documentation as per state/federal guidelines, while also following all facility policies and procedures.
A day in the life of a Certified Nursing Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provides patient care, as per Patient Care Plan, including but not limited to ROM exercises, ambulation, transfer training, assisting with feeding and calorie counts, bed making, personal hygiene, skin checks, AM and HS care, vital signs, answer call bells promptly, post-mortem care, assist with room changes, and participate in reports.
- Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding the administration of patient care.
- Ensure residents are wearing/using adaptive equipment, as ordered.
- Ensures patients are clean, neatly dressed, groomed, safe, and fed during assigned shift hours.
- Follows through on ordered restorative nursing for assigned patients.
- Completes all required tasks, documentation, and reports daily as per facility policy and state and federal regulations.
- Records intake and output and bowel movements.
- Reports any unusual changes in patient condition to Charge Nurse promptly. Communicates pertinent information and actual or potential problems to RN throughout the shift.
- Participates on committees, as requested by supervisors.
- Identifies patient needs and treatment opportunities, providing services to meet those needs on an on-going basis.
- Maintains professional competence and keeps current with Occupational Health trends through participation in continuing education, in-service programs, professional staff sessions and training of nursing personnel.
- Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
- Additional duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of an approved CNA program
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Current with all Continuing Education (CE) requirements
- Perform clinical care professionally
- Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members
- Deliver patient care in a timely, efficient, and effective manner
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team Education,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Long-term care and rehabilitation facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ CNA License
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.