Cardiac Service Physician Asst Nurse Practitioner FT JFKUMC
The position's practice is characterized by comprehensive health assessments and management of acute complex patients' health problems. The Advanced Practice Provider provides leadership and support to the ED, Medical Surgical, Telemetry and Critical Care Unit. The person in this position works in collaboration with a physician, Cardiac Services Quality Team and the ACC site accreditation program manager and other team members to deliver care to patients and families of the Heart Failure and Acute MI patient. This position is at JFKUMC in Edison, NJ and is a 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday shift with some weekend rotation. Hiring either a Physician Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner.
1. Obtains a thorough patient history that includes: Determination of the chief complaint, analysis of primary symptomatology. Review of the course since onset of above: incidence, progress and effect of therapy(s). Completes medical and social history. Performs an appropriate physical examination and recognizes normal and abnormalfindings. Records findings of the physical exam in a clear and concise manner. Makes recommendations based on the data gathered in the history and physical examination for ordering ancillary studies, developing a problem list, formulating a differential or actual diagnosis, counseling, educating and instructing patients in specific disease-related and preventative medicine areas. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic and laboratory tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs for continuity of care. 2. Determines and implements therapeutic plans in collaboration with Cardiologist and other consultants to expedite management of the Heart Failure/AMI patient. Ensures that the Heart Failure/AMI patient is managed in accordance to set protocols, algorithms, and established pathways by the institution and American College of Cardiology site accreditation program. Writes orders to implement therapeutic plans. Communicates using a multidisciplinary team approach regarding pertinent patient information including but not limited to actual or potential clinical problems,
diagnostic tests/labs, consultants' recommendations, and updates or adjustments to the treatment plan. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other members of the health care team in patient care planning.
3. Utilizes assessment skills and collaborates with other disciplines to develop a comprehensive education plan to meet patient/family needs. Incorporates diagnosis, interventions, expected outcomes, and discharge planning. Communicates plans of care with the patient and family as appropriate. Identifies the patient's educational needs based on the assessment of the patient. 4. Monitor readmission rates for Medicare and all payers, and implement needed performance improvement projects to improve scores in collaboration with the cardiac team. 5. Mentors nursing staff to provide high quality care. 6. Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 7. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for NP:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. MSN with Advanced Practice Nurse credentials.
3. Minimum of 2 years experience in an APN role with acute cardiology experience preferred
4. Minimum of 5 years RN/Specialty experience in cardiology preferred
5. Demonstrates effective communication and leadership skills including teaching principles,
organizational and presentation skills
6. Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Education, Knowledge,
For Physician Assistant:
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: 1. Successful completion of an approved physician's assistant program, accredited by the AMA Council on Medical Education. Experience in cardiology preferred
1. Current Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner NJ License
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.