How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Buyer is responsible for procuring materials and services for the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network within the established purchasing guidelines.
A day in the life of a Buyer at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Reviews Requests for Purchase and confers with ordering department regarding specifications, delivery requirements, quality and quantity for supplies, equipment and services.
- Ensures maximum compliance with Group Purchasing Organization (GPO).
- Uses GPO web site for new product and pricing inquiries.
- Processes Requests for Purchase and electronic requisitions by placing orders via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), or directly with vendors for supplies, equipment and services.
- Researches and challenges price increases reporting any unresolved increases to the Supervisor/ Manager. Notifies Materials Management of all product and part numbers changes.
- Solicits quotations for any non-Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) contracted products/services, performing price analyses; participating in contract negotiations and recommending vendors.
- Analyzes, identifies and recommends favorable group purchasing contracts.
- Meets with sales representatives; researches products; compares prices, specifications, and delivery rates; and recommends vendors accordingly.
- Responsible for expediting back-orders when necessary, verifying acceptability of substitutes with user departments and resolving back-order situations via approved alternate vendor, product substitution, and borrowing.
- Focuses on price reduction, value analysis, standardization, reorder points and quantities.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors to internal/external customers and coworkers.
- Assures order processing is accomplished within 24 hours after requisitions are generated.
- Conducts market research and coordinates product and equipment evaluations including the preparation of financial analysis.
- Coordinates and works with suppliers and contracting department to ensure pricing integrity and Item Master updates are accomplished to minimize invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer (internal as well as external) satisfaction. Makes recommendations to the Supervisor/Manager and implements and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals and mission of the Hospital.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration/other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in a Purchasing Department that includes but is not limited to issuing purchase orders, reviewing requisitions and qualification of potential suppliers.
- Prior experience with automated systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to provide efficient and effective customer service.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and/or Google Drive systems.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.