How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Buyer is responsible to procure materials and services for the Medical Center within the established purchasing guidelines.
1. Reviews Requests for Purchase and confers with ordering department regarding specifications, delivery requirements, quality and quantity for supplies, equipment and services.
2. Insures maximum compliance with GPO. Uses GPO web site for request for new product and pricing inquiries.
3. Processes Requests for Purchase and electronic requisitions by placing orders via EDI, electronic fax or directly with vendors for supplies, equipment and services.
4. Researches and challenges price increases reporting any unresolved increases to the Director. Notifies Materials Management of all product and part numbers changes.
5. Solicits quotations for any non-GPO contracted products/services, performing price analyses; participating in contract negotiations and recommending vendors.
6. Analyzes, identifies and recommends favorable group purchasing contracts.
7. Meets with sales representatives; researches products; compares prices, specifications, and delivery rates; and recommends vendors accordingly.
8. Provides Administrative Assistant with a copy of the contract in order to maintain an electronic file of existing contracts. Image Now/GHX pricing.
9. Responsible for expediting back-orders when necessary, verifying acceptability of substitutes with user departments and resolving back-order situations via approved alternate vendor, product substitution, and borrowing.
10. Focuses on price reduction, value analysis, and standardization.
11. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
12. Assures order processing is accomplished within 24 hours after requisitions are generated.
13. Works with suppliers to ensure pricing integrity and Item Master updates are accomplished to minimize invoice discrepancies.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
15. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Purchasing Department.
3. Prior experience with automated purchasing software and systems.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field.
2. Familiarity with PeopleSoft and Oracle.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.