Business Manager, Periop Svcs - OR Support Services - F/T with Benefits Day
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Perioperative Services Business Manager at Hackensack includes:
- Reviews monthly financial reports for accuracy, meets monthly with nursing leadership to examine departmental productivity reports, review expenses and develops explanations for negative and positive variances, as well as, corrective action plans
- Responsible for establishing inventory control processes that enable compliance with approved budget(s)
- Prepares and manages the operating and capital budgets for the Main OR, OR Support, OR Implant, Lithotripsy and assists the other Perioperative Managers with preparation of their budgets.
- Responsible for oversight and submission of daily patient charges. Implements a standardized process for purchase of new products.
- Provides value analysis support, manages business and financial projects, as assigned.
- Initiates cost containment strategies and monitoring processes in alignment with volume shifts and procedural profitability
- Provides oversight of maintenance contracts and repair programs.
- Assists Perioperative Services leadership with payroll management.
- Mentors Materials staff regarding inventory management, consignment management, cost containment, expired product waste and other special projects.
- Participates in policy/procedure development related to OR Support Services areas of responsibility. Participates in
departmental strategic planning and evaluation of programs in collaboration with other Perioperative Services Managers.
- Responsible for all activities related to data collection, statistical reports, including operational efficiency and productivity.
- Oversees utilization of computer applications used in Perioperative Services to enable excellent surgery business
- Collaborates closely with IT department and Perioperative Director to assist with implementation of new technology and information system.
- Functions at the highest level of professional behavior and standards, including adherence to HIPAA requirements, Corporate Compliance and service excellence standards.
- Develops annual surgical volume projections consistent with strategic plans and services.
- Supports Perioperative Services Director and senior leadership in the identification of new services and development of business plans, including cost/benefit analyses for capital expenditures.
- Participates in market research and marketing of services. Collaborates with Clinical Managers, Surgeons and OR Committee to determine growth opportunities for Perioperative Services.
- Supervises OR Support staff, reviews work assignments and oversees supplemental staff assigned to special projects, i.e. bi-annual inventory count.
- Collaborates and supports Perioperative Managers in monitoring monthly salary and non-salary budgetary compliance.
- Ensures ongoing and annual review of assigned personnel to assess work performance, identify learning needs and set mutual goals.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams. Ensures implementation and ongoing oversight of regulatory requirements, including Department of Health and Joint Commission.
- Collaborates with Nurse Managers and other disciplines to process improvement and project management, including Pharmacy, ISD, diagnostic and testing processes, patient transport, patient turnover and general workflow.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Nursing Administration required
- Minimum of three to five years of previous experience as Perioperative/Surgical Services required
- Business Manager or equivalent experience in progressive hospital management roles required
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships with surgeons, anesthesiologists, senior
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.