Business Manager, Health Ventures (HV) and Care Transformation Services (CTS)
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Business Manager, Health Ventures (HV) and Care Transformation Services (CTS) is a unique role spanning the hospital based orthopedic service line and the ambulatory surgery centers across HMH. As the healthcare industry and the HMH market evolve, the pressures to integrate care and services across the continuum of care continue to build. Surgical care in particular is undergoing a significant transformation from predominantly hospital based procedures to an increasing amount of surgical care in ambulatory care sites; the Business Manager role is intended to help navigate the transition of services most optimally and support the evaluation and development of unique opportunities and service offerings across the continuum, differentiating the hospital based and ambulatory care sites. The position is network wide and will primarily focus on business analytics and planning as well as project management of various initiatives in the HV and Orthopedic CTS portfolio. A successful candidate is: Analytical and comfortable working extensively and independently with data Adaptable and experienced in working in a complex and matrixed environment and with all levels of leadership Capable of organizing diverse groups of stakeholders and leading through influence Forward thinking and works independently with little to no supervision Business savvy, with sound acumen, judgment and discretion A problem solver and proficient in a fast paced, dynamic environment Communicative and comfortable articulating business, financial, and operational information
A day in the life of a Busines Manager HV CTS at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Conducts the full spectrum of data analysis, including data querying, manipulating, analyzing and reporting
- Manages large and small scale projects and initiatives with a diverse spectrum of stakeholders. Supports all phases of project management including identifying, assessing, communicating and managing risks and opportunities. Prepares presentations and reports on project status, performance and results
- Develops, implements and maintains the necessary systems to ensure accurate and comprehensive tracking of all business, operational, and financial data across both the hospital setting and ambulatory care setting
- Assist with the development of business plans to support investment and growth opportunities, program development and any other special projects
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on relevant data and metrics, and applies critical thinking to identify and communicate opportunities, obstacles, or alternatives
- Actively participates in existing meetings, committees, and councils providing the necessary organizational and coordination support. Convenes and orchestrates new workgroups and forums as necessary.
- Exhibits effective and timely communication with internal and external stakeholders to establish and maintain collaborative relationships
- Support operations and program development at times across the hospital based orthopedic
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient with querying and manipulating data, preparing business plans and completing and reporting on data analyses
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience, including healthcare, finance, accounting, business operations, data analytics, or project management
- Experience working in a complex and matrixed environment as well as a levels of leadership
- Ability to organize diverse groups of stakeholders and lead through influence
- Forward thinking and works independently with little to no supervision
- Demonstrates a high degree of business acumen, sound judgment and discretion in decision making, problem solving and project management in a fast paced, high performance environment
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree in business/operations or related field
- Healthcare experience, specifically: orthopedics, service line, or ambulatory surgery center experience
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Project Management Professional Certification or Six Sigma Lean Black Belt Professional.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.