BLS Instructor - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The BLS, ACLS & PALS Instructor teaches American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) courses. Core responsibilities include instruction, remediation, and evaluation related to BLS, ACLS & PALS courses.
- Adhere to all HMH/AHS policies and educational philosophies and to those of regulating organizations (i.e. AHA).
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills, and be responsive to students' needs and concerns; adapt teaching style to meet the students' learning needs
- Willing to travel to off-site courses locations within the communities served by HMH.
- Punctual and prepared for all assigned courses; conduct self in a pleasant and professional manner at all times and adhere to Life Support Training Center dress code.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to students' progress and outcomes. Report any student issues to Lead/Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Complete all required paperwork legibly and return completed paperwork and payments to Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Ensure security of Training Center equipment; ensure proper cleaning and restocking of equipment after each class.
- Attend instructor meetings as scheduled. Participate in instructor updates as required.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and accountability in order to assure efficient operations and to provide education that improves patient outcomes throughout the community and region.
- Work effectively and relate well with others, including supervisors, colleagues, and internal and external customers. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Education: High school diploma/GED
- Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS or PALS Instructor Certification required
- Recent clinical experience required; minimum of 2 years' experience in an emergency, critical care, or field setting preferred.
- Prior educator/instructor experience preferred; prior instructor experience in BLS, ACLS or PALS education preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.