Biomedical Operations Specialist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Biomedical Operations Specialist serves as a liaison between the front Biomed team and CCE leadership team. Performs clerical duties and possess strong interpersonal skills in order to run the daily administrative operations of Coastal Clinical Engineering.
A day in the life of a Biomedical Operations Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares reports and assists with statistical analysis.
- Communicates and collaborates with the Director/Manager on administrative and/or operational matters.
- Maintains regulatory binders in accordance with regulatory guidelines, including but not limited to NJ DOH, CMMS, Joint Commission, etc. Assists in the preparation of all inspections performed by various governing agencies, study monitors, and internal affairs.
- Assists in the preparation of all inspections performed by various governing agencies, study monitors, and all HMH requests.
- Gathering and analyzing information required to perform tasks and assures timely submissions of data.
- Communicates changes in HMH and departmental policy and procedures to the staff.
- The individual must be proficient with computer skills, possess exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrate functional competencies.
- Files individual reports and other data.
- Ability to travel to all Hackensack Meridian Health entities.
- Maintains files system digitally and physical office files.
- The Operations Support Specialist documents in the CMMS system and other HMH tools as well as performs a variety of clerical duties.
- Documents any issues pertaining to CMMS quality and performance measures.
- Orders, receives, identifies, labels, and distributes materials to appropriate areas accurately and free of errors.
- Oversees the timely completion of all mandatory training by departmental team members.
- Oversees implementation of administrative decisions and the maintenance of official records of operational activities.
- Tracking/monitoring contract deliverables to ensure compliance.
- Time Sheets for each site.
- Monitor Recalls.
- Regional On-Call Schedule.
- Supports outsourced accounting functions.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience.
- Experience with resource scheduling and computer systems/software.
- Knowledge of healthcare equipment and vendors.
- Workplace relationship building.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience with computer software systems, ie Google Workspace, MS Office, etc.
- Experience with PeopleSoft (Purchase Requisitions, Human Resources, Contracts, Bill and Collect).
- Proficiency in Google Suites.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ Drivers License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.