How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Bio-Medical Technician is responsible for providing preventive maintenance, repair, calibration, and equipment evaluations of medical equipment. This position can be subject to shift change as needed.
A day in the life of a Bio-Medical Technician at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Performs first line repairs on all defective instrumentation and conducts performance test to insure that equipment is functioning properly before returning to patient service.
2. Orders repair parts and/or components as required, cross-referencing wherever possible in order to obtain the most advantageous cost factor.
3. Performs incoming inspections on all new, trail and demonstration units before they are placed into patient service.
4. Performs preventive maintenance inspections procedures to optimize performance, reliability and projected life expectancy of Medical Center instrumentation.
5. Executes pick-ups and delivers instrumentations to the various Medical Center units for service and/or preventive maintenance, or supplies and equipment from local vendors as directed.
6. Performs back-up for the secretary by answering the telephone and record all messages; i.e., date, time, name and telephone number of the caller.
7. Consults with the Supervisor or Senior Technologist before proceeding with complex or sophisticated problems, which may develop during the course of service, incoming or preventive maintenance procedures.
8. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. AS Degrees and 3 to 5 years relative experience, or no degree with 7 to 10 years experience.
2. At least 5 to 7 years experience in electronics, instrumentation and test measurements.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. As indicated above, preferably in a hospital or industrial environment with experience in hospital related equipment.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.