How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Associate Strategist will support Strategy, Business Development team and Physician Relations and play an integral role in assisting in developing, researching, and gathering information to develop well-informed strategic initiatives on a regional basis. The Associate Strategist will collaborate closely with regional and network management teams by providing insights, concrete actionable analysis and business planning materials. This will enable leadership to surface issues, identify opportunities, make informed decisions, and achieve strategic goals. The Associate Strategist supports organizational and clinical service line performance and corporate strategy through the development of environmental assessments. This position evaluates and monitors healthcare trends and proactively identifies and proposes strategy refinements as a result of market conditions. This position provides support for corporate strategy and network initiatives including strategic formulations, business development, and related regulatory support for DOH filings.
A day in the life of an Associate Strategist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Scan the competitive and industry landscape for developments related to HMH’s ability to achieve its strategic goals and provide insights.
- Responsible for support of market growth, business planning, and market assessments for all network development activities, affiliate markets, and emerging markets.
- Prepare business development-related regulatory support for DOH and the writing of CON filings.
- Analyze and evaluate market position, developments, trends, demographics, patient origin, outmigration, and strategic options in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support in reallocating corporate resources, building strategic analytical frameworks and capabilities at key places in the organization, identifying business-development opportunities, and generating proprietary insights based on external forces at work and long-term market trends.
- Conduct research to identify the scope of supply and demand for a service line, and support the service line development work plan, identifying information and business development-related regulatory needs.
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of organizational corporate strategy through the development on environmental assessments.
- Create maps using Geoaccess or similar software to help visually display data points and key information, including but not limited to dot density maps, heat maps, and healthcare locations.
- Develop comprehensive market overviews, analyzing trends and environmental scanning under PESTEL (Policy, Environmental, Social, Technological, Economical, and Legal) factors.
- Create reports on physician market activity and their connections for strategic planning and business development.
- Update service provider inventories for various initiative and support management of all aspects of AHA survey submissions.
- Regular contact with clinical staff and leadership, administrative leadership, non-nursing personnel, patients and visitors.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in strategic planning, business development, administration and operations management.
- Demonstrates the ability to investigate and apply new technology developments in the field of strategic planning and development.
- Experience in business planning and identifying gaps in the marketplace.
- Utilizes effective project planning techniques to break down basic and occasionally moderately complex projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept.
- Demonstrate domain knowledge and expertise in a range of skills, such as business model development, financial modeling, product portfolio planning, organizational strategy, channel and go-to-market models, customer / market research etc.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge or experience in outcomes and economy.
- Experience and ability to provide the team with competitive landscape and information from studying markets.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.