Associate Counsel, Vendor Contract
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Associate Counsel, Vendor Contracts will draft, review and negotiate contracts for HMH including contracts for purchases from vendors. The Associate Counsel, Vendor Contracts will advise all organizations and departments within HMH concerning the legal and regulatory aspects of HMH¿s contractual transactions. The Associate Counsel, Vendor Contracts will work with members of HMH¿s purchasing team and operational leadership and team members as well as other professionals within the law department.
This position will allow for a hybrid schedule but there will also be opportunity to work fully remote if that is your preference.
A Day in the life of a Associate Counsel, Vendor Contract at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares, negotiates, drafts, and reviews contracts including vendor contracts. Advise HMH staff in operational and legal issues (e.g., contract renewals and disputes and policy and procedure development).
- Provides guidance to paraprofessionals on contracting and negotiating issues.
- Reviews policies and procedures for the Legal Department.
- Participates in educational programs on pertinent topics for HMH and affiliated organizations' staff.
- Participates in HMH and affiliated organizations' committees, as appropriate.
- Must be able to accept responsibility for and direction of a project often working alone.
- Must be able to perform a variety of tasks, often changing from one to another without loss of composure or efficiency.
- Must demonstrate ability to: accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity; understand instructions and underlying principles; present information or ideas clearly, and communicate effectively.
- Must possess clear evidence of integrity and the highest standards of ethical conduct; an ability and willingness to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team; an ability to motivate and win the respect and loyalty of staff, be a strong contributor to an excellent team, and accomplish results through others; an ability to accurately assess the abilities of others; and, an ability to influence others in a positive manner, partnering with team members to meet the needs of the system and patient.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BA/BS; JD required.
- Minimum of 4 year of experience as an Attorney.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience handling transactional matters including vendor contracts.
- Strong academic background.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- Must be a client-centered problem solver.
- Must have a history of progressively responsible legal experience and to provide record of accomplishment.
- Ability to handle complex contract matters thoroughly and effectively.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience handling health law matters such as healthcare research, operational and transactional matters, tax exempt organizations, medical research (pre-clinical and clinical), conflict of interest, fraud and abuse, state and federal laws governing privacy and security of health information, referral relationships, and compliance programs.
- Experience as an in-house counsel in a healthcare provider, supplier or payer and knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines governing the same.
- Information technology contracting experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ BAR License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.