About Hackensack Meridian Health
Hackensack Meridian Health nurses care for patients and their families at every stage of life, 24 hours a day, at bedsides in 9 community hospitals, 4 academic medical centers, a behavioral health hospital, 2 children's hospitals, 2 rehabilitation hospitals, medical offices, and care facilities across the state.
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Hackensack Meridian Health is one of the most recognized health care networks in the country for nursing excellence with 7 Magnet designations. In joining our nursing team, you'll work with collaborative colleagues, who are pushing each other - and patient care - to keep getting better.
What makes a successful Assoc Dean- JFK School of Nursing- Edison-F/T -Days at Hackensack Meridian Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Requisition # 2023-138453
- Shift Day
- Status Full Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive c
- Assist with administration of the School of Nursing. In the absence of the Dean, assume responsibility for the School of Nursing. This includes planning, organizing and coordination to fulfill the objectives of the School.
- Oversee activities of the faculty in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Day and Evening track, the LPN Transition Track, the Pathways to the BSN and the Accelerated track. Oversee the maintenance of continuous faculty adequate to meet the instructional needs of the School of Nursing. Supervise and evaluate faculty teaching the classroom, clinical and laboratory setting. Serve as Chairperson of the Lead Faculty Committee. Oversee the orientation of new faculty in the classroom and clinical settings as they transition into the role of nurse educator.
- Coordinate the PGE(post graduate engagement) program to ensure graduate's NCLEX success. Oversee the integration of the online testing support services assisting faculty where necessary with the implementation at the course level. Assist with daily administration and long range planning of the School of Nursing in relation to clinical affiliates and selection, promotion and development of faculty.
- Coordinate the selection and currency of material resources for the day to day operation of the School of Nursing. Collaborate with Director of Registration and Enrollment to project student enrollment numbers necessary for planning faculty, classroom, clinical and class laboratory needs. Collaborate with nursing service staff at JFK Medical Center and other clinical affiliating agencies so as to create an optimal learning milieu. Assist the Dean and work collaboratively with the other Associate Dean in maintaining continued compliance with NJBON and ACEN standards to assure ongoing accreditation.
- Maintain/monitor expenditure of hours and dollars in the School of Nursing annual faculty budget. Prepare budget for faculty needs and present to Dean. Prepare the annual Medicare Cost Report to present to the finance department.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Masters Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of 5 yrs professional exp w/min 3 yrs teaching exp and 1 yr admin or mgmt or equal
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required: Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
collaborative work environment
compassionate nursing culture
substantial tuition reimbursement
Gossar Assistant Nurse Manager, Critical Care Unit
Southern Ocean Medical Center
To be a newer nurse and become an assistant manager of a critical care unit speaks to the opportunities Hackensack Meridian Health can provide. Also, the teamwork and team members I have been exposed to here are second to none."
NURSING ANNUAL REPORT
Check out our latest Nursing Annual Report to learn more about the achievements of our nursing team.
Nursing with us
Be part of an exceptional and nationally recognized network, where nurses are ready to provide the care patients need to keep getting better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our integrated nursing team is ready to provide the highest level of care each and every day.
Our event opportunities allow teammates alternate ways of meeting and collaborating, which builds a sense of belonging.
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Case Manager (East Mountain Youth Lodge) - Full TimeHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Behavioral Health- Acute Care Unit- P/T with benefits NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse - Carrier Clinic- Per Diem, EveningsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.