Assistant Nurse Manager - Critifcal Care - F/T Evenings
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is a professional, registered nurse who is a skilled communicator, collaborator and authentic leader. The ANM supports the organization in the execution of the nursing strategic plan and priorities.The ANM actively participates in unit and hospital decision-making and provides meaningful recognition to others. The ANM provides operational and administrative support to Nurse leadership. This position effectively coordinates staffing, supports throughput, quality and safety outcomes, staff competency, hiring, clinical and staff corrective actions, unit efficiency, quality care and other departmental activities to support the mission, vision and values of Hackensack Meridian.
A day in the life of an Assistant Nurse Manager in the Critical Care Unit at Hackensack Meridian includes:
In collaboration with the Nurse Manager...
- Participates with recruitment and retention strategies.
- Assists with unit huddles and leader rounding with employees.
- Participates with unit goal creation which are reflective of the hospital goals as well as the mission and vision of Hackensack Meridian Health
- Participates or leads when appropriate: evidenced-based practice projects or research
- Participates or leads when appropriate: unit-based or hospital based shared governance committees or councils.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates constructive resolutions and positive outcomes if possible
- Completes employee corrective action plans/counseling as necessary
- Adhere to HMH’s Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior
- Prepares and conducts periodic performance evaluations to assigned staff members
- Contributes to and/or monitors the unit orientation process of all roles as necessary
- Participates with and models the importance of employee recognition
- Models cultural competence, social justice and fairness, and capitalizes on generational diversity to foster
- Highly effective work groups
- Where applicable, escalates nursing labor/management issues.
- Valid and Current NJ RN License
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) required. Exceptions may be made for internal candidates with BSN in progress, however must be obtained within 3 years.
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years recent nursing experience in Critical Care.
- Prior Assistant Nurse Manager, supervisory or charge nurse experience preferred.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.