Assist Mgr Sterile Processing ( Full- Time)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. The CT Technologist is responsible for performing examinations and diagnostic work with the use of computerized electronic equipment.
The Assistant Manager is an OR Surgical Scrub Technician and Certified Central Supply Technician and reports to the Nurse Manager. Responsible for providing ongoing supervision, guidance, clinical expertise, mentoring and functional direction to members of the healthcare team while optimizing available resources to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Is the representative between SPD and the OR who coordinates, communicates information and problem solves to provide quality services for patient care and work flow of the department. The individual must posses and demonstrate knowledge and competency of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures in following pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position. Displays effective Management, Leadership and Communication skills. Assists with maintaining standards set forth by AAMI, AORN, JCAHO and NJSDOHSS. Role may include but is not limited to the following: Identify, prioritize and coordinate instrumentation processing for surgical cases; assist with in-servicing, orientation and precepting of staff; assists with department policies and procedures; organization of quality performance improvement activities, and payroll review and approval. Supports the mission, vision and values of the organization.
A Day in the Life of a Assistant Manager of Sterile Processing at Hackensack Meridian includes :
1.Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and technical skills to competently and effectively perform all tasks / functions in all department areas in accordance with regulatory agencies.
2. Attends and conducts department meetings and provides educational resources, in-services for the SPD staff members as required.
3. Supervises all department staff and work areas.
4. Provides for the daily oversight of priority needs for next day surgical cases, including vendor specific trays. Makes appropriate calls as needed.
5. Participates in rounds in order to promote / ensure surgical needs for patient care are met in a timely manner.
6. Accesses, coordinates, authorize and oversee instrument tray management for preventative maintenance / repairs.
7. Maintains a cooperative relationship through collaboration and open communication with all members of the interdisciplinary team to provide a coordinated, efficient method of conveying information and results to team members; responding to requests; building rapport; participation in team problem-solving methods.
8. Acts as a representative between departments, SPD staff and OR, Physicians and Vendors.
9. Seeks assistance and notifies manager as necessary to resolve technical issues, clinical and management problems.
10. Utilizes sound judgment in sharing data, handles information appropriately.
11. Serves as a clinical resource person and role model, contributes to the growth and development of staff members through feedback, mentoring, and orientation of new employees / students.
12. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars or on-line courses for re-certification.
13. Identifies potential problems and explores methods of resolution. Implements appropriate counseling / follow up with staff as appropriate. Consults with Manager / Director as needed.
14. Supports and participates in any practice within the facility to promote patient care and improved service to customers. Hold self and staff accountable for actions.
15. Evaluates, coordinates, and delegates work flow to team members while maintaining accountability for department outcomes. Promotes quality of work performance. Coordinates recalls with facility departments as needed.
16. Plans and responds to staffing needs, adjusts assignments accordingly.
17. Participates in the collection, analysis and application of performance improvement data.
18. Assists with data input and development of department forms that improve quality and service to customers.
19. Facilitates and assists with the approval of changes / revisions / additions / deletions of surgical instrument trays through coordination / collaboration with clinical coordinators / physicians.
20. Performs assessments and utilizes critical thinking skills and judgment to identify surgical needs for instrumentation that promotes quality service for patient care needs.
21. Fosters an environment that promotes quality patient care. Identifies potential performance issues.
22. Makes recommendations for needed surgical instruments and equipment purchases.
23. Documents all data and findings in a consistent, comprehensive and legible manner in accordance with hospital, department policies and regulatory agencies.
24. Assists with annual performance appraisals for department staff in collaboration with the manager, supervisor and senior technicians.
25. Supports, participates and assists with the data collection for department statistics and QA programs / initiatives.
26. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
27. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an Accredited Central Supply program.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of varied OR Clinical experience (scrubbing) required.
3. Demonstrates theory, understanding, knowledge and practice of the OR, Surgical Procedures, Instrumentation and Medical Terminology. Demonstrates knowledge and competencies in the appropriate use and care of instruments and supplies utilized
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications Preferred:
1. Graduate of an Accredited Program (Nursing, Surgical Technologist) preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years of SPD experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required :
1. Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution - CBSPDT
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.