Actuarial Services Analyst
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Actuarial Services Analyst will perform the actuarial functions of the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) Network’s employee benefit plans, as well as insurance programs, as directed by the Manager of Actuarial Services.
- Supports the preparation and review of annual valuations for employee benefit plans, participant notices, and government forms (e.g., Schedule SB, Form 5500, PBGC filings) for HMH defined benefit plans.
- Validates and/or prepares the calculation of retirement benefit calculations (most benefits are frozen). Periodically updates database of pension benefits as necessary.
- Assists with replication of actuarial work performed by outside pension actuaries.
- Builds and maintains workbooks, forms, documents, reports, templates, etc.
- Calculates loss reserves and IBNR (incurred but not reported) for health plans and other insurance produces as necessary.
- Works with Population Health team as needed for required actuarial computations.
- Supports the preparation of annual valuations of captive insurance liabilities including incurred but not reported (IBNR) liabilities for each of the HMH offshore captives.
- Provides necessary actuarial support for HMH’s merger and acquisition activities (e.g., due diligence, purchase accounting, post-merger integration).
- Aids in the preparation of reports and presentations related to all above topics.
- Participates in analytics projects and other research assignments as necessary.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a focus in mathematics, statistics, computer science or actuarial science.
- A minimum of 2 or more years of actuarial experience.
- Knowledge of employee benefit programs and experience in actuarial computations (e.g., pension funding and accounting costs, IBNR reserve calculations for health plans).
- Knowledge and experience in actuarial modeling in Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong sense of ownership and agility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
Preferred Knowledge, Education and Skills:
- ProVal knowledge is a plus.
- VBA experience/knowledge is a plus.
- At least two (2) actuarial exams.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.