ACLS Instructor (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The ACLS Instructor conducts training and education at the basic and advanced life support level in concert with the overall mission of the EMS training center. Provides logistical support for on-site and off-site courses, supports EMS training Center leadership through clerical and operational functions in addition to teaching courses.
A Day in the life of an ACLS Instructor at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Able to conduct training and education at the basic and advanced life support level in concert with overall mission of EMS training center
- Provides logistics support for onsite and offsite course offerings
- Supports EMS training center leadership through clerical and operational functions in addition to teaching courses
- Needs to maintain EMS/Healthcare (RN, PA, Physician) certification and BLS/ACLS Instructor
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 25 lbs. and stands a minimum of 3 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A minimum of 2 years of Healthcare experience as a provider
- Must possess basic computer skills, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum of 1-year Instructor experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Registered Nurse with Critical Care Experience; or, Physician; or, Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic Certification (MICP); or, Mobile Intensive Care Nurse Certification (MICN)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification Provider and Instructor (American Heart Association CPR-BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification Provider and Instructor (American Heart Association ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor Certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.