Accounts Payable Sys Analyst
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system
The Accounts Payable Systems Analyst is responsible for day-to-day systems-related events in Accounts Payable (AP) for Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) Network. Responsible for creating / maintaining electronic improvements within the AP function, which includes but is not limited to, building new AP business units as needed, participating in system conversions for new entities joining the Network, implementing robotic process automation (RPA) technology, building queries, electronic interface improvements across HMH and other projects as required.
- Participate in system conversions for new entities joining the HMH Network.
- Work with RPA technology to simplify and automate existing AP functions.
- Work with Global Healthcare Exchange to implement auto routing & coding for invoices.
- Identify, review and design processes to automate and reduce manual AP processes through a collaboration with HMH’s Purchasing team.
- Record PeopleSoft UPK functions to create videos for AP processes / training.
- Review and perform spreadsheet uploads for various HMH entities into PeopleSoft (PS).
- Works with internal and external contacts to implement self-service portals for AP information.
- Maintain and modify PS AP module to support various functions such as PS Expenses, matching rules & receipt association rules.
- Review errors, post corrections, identify root causes of potential duplicate payments within the AP process, and create reporting to identify errors prior to payment.
- Create PeopleSoft queries to support HMH management network-wide.
- Works with AP management team to streamline Accounts Payable processes, improves controls, timely, efficient, and accurate processing of payables.
- Build new AP business units and link to appropriate bank accounts, as deemed necessary.
- Work on special projects as directed by the AP director, manager & supervisor.
- Works with purchasing team to modify and review match exception reporting. Creates reports to assist in root causes and help clear the items off the system.
- Performs system tests as directed for system upgrades/errors, documenting related issues.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Information Technology (IT).
- Minimum of 6 or more years of relevant experience in Accounts Payable and IT.
- End to End knowledge of PeopleSoft/Oracle and its modules, with ability to understand financial impacts to various status and movements of product and data.
- Strong understanding of PeopleSoft Sub-ledger accounting, as well as procurement, receiving, order management and shipping/invoicing modules.
- Able to configure PeopleSoft and other technology platforms implemented for Network.
- Demonstrates proficiency with computer software applications and functionality.
- Highly computer literate.
- Able to configure ERP (PeopleSoft) systems based on management requests.
- Able to establish effective working relationships with Management and Staff.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Strong capability and knowledge in using ERP tool (PeopleSoft).
- Expert in PeopleSoft Accounts Payable sub-ledger, accounting and reporting. Understanding of all modules that create financial transactions.
- Able to create education of new capabilities and align capabilities to process landscape.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.