Accounts Payable Representative
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Accounts Payable Rep classifies and records numerical data to keep financial records complete and ensures accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings of transactions. This position compiles data, computes fees and charges, and prepares invoices for billing purposes.
A day in the life of Executive Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Processes all accounts payable in accordance with Hackensack Meridian Health's (HMH) policies on purchase orders, contracts, vendor invoices, etc.
- Maintains list of unprocessed vouchers that need to be accrued at month's end and communicates this information to the Accounting Department.
- Assists and supports the supervisor with various cash control schedules and procedures as well as other duties as requested in accordance with departmental and hospital policy.
- Coordinates with Purchasing Department regarding items on the match exception list to ensure any match exception is reconciled.
- Assists vendors and departments with inquiries regarding payment status of invoices.
- Notifies the supervisor of any urgent or credit hold situations.
- Completes all accounts payable posting and accrual responsibilities in accordance with the monthly financial statement close schedule.
- Performs timely resolution of both internal and external customer inquiries as required via email and phone.
- Reviews vendor statements for open balances and requests copies of outstanding invoices and credits.
- Performs duplicate payment audits, documents reasons and communicated to management the results / reasons to ensure training is conducted to prevent future occurrences.
- Reconciles vendor payment/s to explanation and accuracy.
- Maintains and utilizes all written policy and procedures implemented within the Accounts Payable department.
- Updates Vendor files with W9 information to ensure proper recording of 1099 forms.
- Performs stops payments and reissues as required and within company policy.
- Enter credit memos as required for refunds, overpayments, duplicate payments.
- Supports the month-end invoice posting process by assisting in invoice entry.
- Establishes payment arrangements with vendors and monitors to ensure payment was received within policy.
- Responds to all inquiries and correspondence from attorneys, collection agencies, and patients.
- Sends out Cardinal Medsurge and Pharmacy wire requests as per schedule.
- Performs Cardinal invoice payment run for Medsurge and Pharmacy to initiate support wire request.
- Performs AMEX payment run and coordinate with AMEX as required to setup new vendors.
- Monitors to include adjust and create monthly recurring vouchers for contract and lease requests/agreements.
- Research and identify returned checks as required.
- Code checks to proper GL/Dept as received- Coordinate with Patient refunds on returned checks.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Monitors Fuelman program and to include administrative functions in order to add, cancel or adjust card balances based on vehicle usage and size. Also works with departments to add additional groups to program.
- Monitors automate check request process to ensure users are submitting items correctly.
- Creates new employees, adjusts and resolves issues with the ON-line travel tool called 'Expensables.'
- Perform electronic XML uploads from Excel to PeopleSoft Pharmacy based invoices.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience in a related Finance field.
- Two or more years' experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable environments.
- In depth knowledge of the accounting / payables process.
- Experience in analyzing AP payment issues and following up to conclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience working in PeopleSoft Accounts Payable system.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.