Registered Nurse Home Care, Infusion
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit www.TEAMHMH.COM
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse includes: On-Call Nights and weekends 5:30-8:30
- Rendering professional nursing care to patients in need of Infusion therapy in their home by assessing, developing and implementing and evaluating home nursing care needs.
- Teaches patients and family members to administer IV medications.
- Provide professional one on one nursing care to patients in the comforts of their homes.
- Assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of home nursing care needs on an individual and continuous basis of assigned patients.
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient centered care.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status, rendered care, education and treatment plans.
- Responsible for optimal patient satisfaction and care experience according to the organizations standards.
- Completes documentation and patient records accurately, timely and completely according to organization policies.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients, families and other disciplines. Maintain open communication with nurse supervisor to report all appropriate problems
Qualifications for the Registered Nurse include:
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required
- NJ Driver’s license with an available registered and insured vehicle is required
- Prior Home Care or Hospice experience is preferred
- Chemo Certification (CRNI) is preferred
- One (1) year of Medical/Surgical, Acute Care or Long Term Care experience is preferred
- Must have six (6) or more months of nursing experience is required
- IV Certification is required , experience with the management of Central Lines is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
With previous and recent IV experience (preferred) within one (1) year: Demonstration with preceptor inserting peripheral line, accessing ports, PICCs and central lines or
Without previous experience or experience not within one (1) year: Will complete a vascular access device (VAD) course through HMH and follow up practicum experience in HMH outpatient infusion setting and return demonstration with preceptor inserting peripheral line, accessing ports, PICCs and central lines.
5. ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy Certificate Course obtained within three (3) months of hire (Agency provides paid training)
6. Successful Completion of Infusion Test within probationary period with grade of 80% or higher
7. Competent with OASIS Documentation (Agency provides training)
8. PC Experience/Skills
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
1. N.J. RN License
2. CPR Certification
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.