Pharmacy Technician, Post Acute Pharmacy
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in a manner to provide medications accurately and efficiently to the long-term care patient population served by Hackensack Meridian Health.
A day in the life of a Pharmacy Technician (LTC) at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Manage and run packaging and dispensing automation commonly used in the long-term care pharmacy setting.
- Process prescription refill requests.
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Fill prescription orders for pharmacist verification.
- Prepare compounded medications/complete documentation for pharmacist review.
- Assist in maintaining pharmaceutical inventory.
- Order medications, stock drug shelves, clean drug shelving, and remove expiring medications from stock.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date prescription files.
- Prepare IV medications under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Deliver and stock ADM’s as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to all medication use and pharmacy policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma Required
- NJ Registered Pharmacy technician REQUIRED.
- Certified Technician Preferred
- Previous experience in hospital or LTC pharmacy highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Good communications skills.
- OPTIONAL- Knowledge of Framework LTC
- Order Entry Skill preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.