Manager, Epic Training
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Mgr, EPIC Training manages and coordinates the overall Training program including definition of goals, objectives, approach and training modalities used. Determines and manages all logistics to accomplish large scale, enterprise-wide scale training encompassing approximately 33,000+ employees across Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH). Establishes, maintains and facilities both a “super user” and a “credentialed trainer” program to match the demand and supply relevant for Go Live and post Live training. Indirectly supervises Epic Systems Specialists (Epic Principal Trainers) to ensure consistency, quality and overall success and effectiveness of a sustainable training program. Collaborates with leadership to ensure Information Technology (IT) staff training is equally tracked and
- Manages and coordinates overall Training program including definition of goals, objectives, approach, and training modalities used.
- Manage review process of Epic’s Training Wheels to gain understanding of the Lesson Plan Matrix development and creation of individual lesson plans by topic for each End User workflow. Identify gaps in Training Wheels content or availability and what is required for HMH workflows / functionality. Identify all End Users who will require training by role and the # of users in each role
- Develop and manage incorporation of e-learning tools that will be available to End Users. Oversee Epic System Specialists identifying which e-learning lessons align with the decisions made at the Alignment sessions and which ones will require modifications. Manage, approve and develop HMH-based e-learning modules (CBL’s) to be posted to HMH Epic web-based education site.
- Manage development of training templates and standards for educational materials (i.e. e-learning, workbooks, Tip Sheets, etc.).
- Train the training staff to:
- Shadow the roles to be trained if not familiar with departmental role
- Develop an understanding of end-user job functions / workflows, and
- Create “crosswalk” documents as required, illustrating gap between current and future states.
- Oversee development of Training Course Catalog with descriptions to provide information on the training that will be required for each end-user role. Identify all End Users who will require training by end-user role and the number of users in each role.
- Manage design and development of End User competency exams.
- Manage and oversee the design and development of the methodology for tracking and reporting End User training statistics (e.g.; attendance, competency, success rate, etc.).
- Manage and oversee applicable Consultants responsible for handling classroom registration and providing general training support.
- In collaboration with Security Analyst and Project Leads, develop process for distribution of Epic User IDs based upon competency exam results.
- Collaborate with other leads to ensure that training environment is consistent and stable with ongoing development.
- Develop and participate in curriculum review process that includes Epic System Specialists, Application Analysts, SMEs, and Epic AC/AMs for Good Install requirements.
- Manage the development and implementation of the HMH End User curriculum to include:
- Lesson plans/facilitator’s guides,
- Playground/Sandbox practice exercises,
- Participant’s manuals/workbooks,
- E-learning modules, identify what’s required, needs to be “fixed,” and needs to be created,
- End User proficiency assessments,
- Quick-start guides, and
- Tip sheets and workflow bulletins.
- Manage preparation and completion the HMH Epic Training Environment build, creating all users, patients, scenarios (orders, schedules, etc.) for each role to be trained.
- Oversee Epic System Specialists as they teach and instruct the Credentialed Trainers in the proper method to train End Users (Train the Trainer).
- Develop, oversee and monitor the Super User Training program.
- Create End User training schedule for all sites, both ambulatory and inpatient.
- Develop plan to quickly analyze and execute End User “refresher” training based upon identified gaps during go-live.
- At Go-Live, ensure all Epic System Specialists, Super Users and Credentialed Trainers are able to:
- Provide End User “at the elbow” support,
- Provide Command Center phone support,
- Provide one-on-one or remedial training for End Users as needed, and
- Attend go-live “triage” meetings to solicit and facilitate end-user feedback on system.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in IT and/or adult education.
- Five or more years of experience in instructional design and implementation of a comprehensive training program, preferably within a healthcare setting.
- Three or more years of experience in system implementation and support, preferably within a healthcare setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to write and edit curriculum for all roles that require training and create job aids and other training materials.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to spend significant time leading classroom training and must be able to present the material clearly and with confidence.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and attend numerous meetings.
- Self-motivated with the ability to quickly learn new concepts and job requirements as well as handle frequent change.
- Willingness to travel overnight for educational classes and work non-standard and/or extended hours.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EPIC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Proficient in Learning Management Software (LMS).
- Must achieve and maintain Epic certification in both Epic application modules as well as Epic Principal Training certifications.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.