Home Care Delivery Technician
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Operates a motor vehicle to deliver, set up, patient education and pickup home medical, equipment, and infusion therapy supplies. Responsible for delivering the MAH / HIU brand promise focusing on customer service and quality.
- Responsible for the delivery of all Home Medical Equipment, Beds and Oxygen Equipment and Infusions in patient’s residence and/or healthcare facility in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assessing and trouble shooting equipment malfunctions and able to perform minor repairs in the home.
- Responsible for collecting cash, checks, and credit card information as instructed on delivery invoice.
- Responsible for returning completed paperwork and money collected in a timely manner.
- Responsible for educating patient/caregivers in the proper use, safety, and maintenance of equipment delivered. Equipment specific instruction sheets are left with patient/caregiver.
- Responsible for compliance with JCAHO policies and procedures on a routine basis.
- Performs environmental assessment to assure the best placement of equipment as it applies to use and patient safety. Equipment is set up in accordance to HIU policies and procedures.
- Responsible to assist and support all aspects of routing and scheduling of deliveries.
- Responsible for informing the patient of all emergency numbers and procedures. HIU brochures with toll free number are left with patient at time of delivery. Patients are informed of HIU’s commitment to being available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for oxygen emergencies.
- ABILITY TO WORK A 24 HOUR ON CALL ROTATION IS A REQUIREMENT. ON-CALL IS A 7 DAY/24 HOUR, NIGHT, WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY RESPONSIBILITY WHICH ROTATES EVERY 7 WEEKS.
- Must follow infection control policy and procedure (universal precautions) as it relates to the pick up and delivery of equipment. Personal protective equipment is used whenever applicable.
- Responsible for inventory control of equipment and supplies on vehicles. Extra equipment such as oxygen concentrators and supplies, walkers, commodes, and wheelchairs are routinely stocked on vehicles to assure prompt deliveries.
- Identifies quality issues and participates in the continuous quality improvement process as assigned.
- Responsible for documenting equipment maintenance and services in the designated software program.
- Vehicle is driven in a safe and controlled manner. All speed limits, traffic lights, and signs are obeyed.
- Refuels, cleans and checks vehicle for required servicing and repairs.
- Able to use a PC. Familiar with Word, Excel.
- Standing, walking and/or continuously moving around
- Kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling or working in other unusual physical positions
- Climbing (including ladders, stepping stools, and/or stairs) or balancing
- Stretching and/or reaching to retrieve/replace objects
- Pushing, pulling, lifting and/or carrying heavy objects (70 lbs. or more) without aid of physical devices
- Dexterity and eye-hand coordination to perform activities which involve holding, positioning, manipulating, typing (keyboarding or data entry), etc.
- Visual ability to monitor instruments and computers, distinguish characters (letters, numbers, etc.) recognize colors, observe physical characteristics, etc.
- Hearing ability to recognize sounds, sound patterns and/or other auditory stimuli
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License (Clean abstract for 2 years)
- Ability to Pass a DOT Medical Certification Exam
- Prior experience with Home Medical Equipment is preferred.
- Bilingual(Spanish) desired.
- Able to lift, push or pull up to 70lbs or more
- Ability to read maps and/or GPS system.
- Ability to work independently and must possess critical problem solving skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.