Customer Svc and Billing Rep
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit www.TEAMHMH.COM
- Receive incoming telephone calls from customers and/or referral sources requesting services. Answer telephone according to standard operating procedures and Assure that calls are answered as quickly as possible and with the proper intake greeting utilizing customer service skills at all times.
- Process referral source requests and analyze the computer data of customer’s basic information to determine appropriate course of action for completing paperwork. Enter data in the computer system and obtain missing information. Assure that medical data is processed and accurately analyzed in a timely manner in accordance with billing standards and payor guidelines. Maximize reimbursement through accurate order entry/submission billing.
- Assist customers with obtaining and/or the completion of required medical documentation or other paperwork. Collect data and appropriate information for patient’s file. Assure that customers are given complete and accurate information, and assure the information is communicated to the customer in a clear and concise manner. Assure that questions are answered or directed to the appropriate source.
- Provide information to referral sources regarding programs and services available to meet customer’s needs. Communicate the specific needs of the client and the available service to the appropriate source. Answer all questions correctly and utilize intake resources when needed to assure information is correct.
- Provide assistance and guidance to customers. Investigate and resolve discrepancies. Interact with customers in a courteous and compassionate manner.
- Assist in the handling of customer’s financial matters (i.e., insurance coverage or not) and make arrangements for payment. Assure that customers are contacted and notified of financial responsibility and that financial matters are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain insurance verifications and authorizations utilizing on-line or by phone when required. Has current knowledge of Medicare reimbursement criteria and insurance contracts for Hackensack Meridian Health product lines. Demonstrate use of customer service skills to network with insurance payor case managers to assure ease of referrals for services when requested. Obtain complete and accurate verifications of patient’s insurance benefits. Works with insurance payor to obtain all authorizations as necessary.
Two (2) Years Healthcare Experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Strong Customer Service Skills
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.