Applications Analyst Iii
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Applications Analyst III gathers business requirements, conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications and build to ensure that developed information technology solutions support business objectives. This level works with little or no supervision and acts as a resource for lower level Application Analysts.
1. Ability to effectively share knowledge with and mentor lower level Application Analysts.
2. Installs/upgrades new/existing applications and components, configures application settings, and validates work performed by lower level Application Analysts.
3. Assists in the coordination of end user support activities.
4. Attends, participates in, and contributes to meetings throughout the facility. Coordinates and runs meetings within the IT department.
5. Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
6. Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
7. Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
8. Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
9. Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
10. Creates system specifications from user requirements.
11. Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
12. Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews lower level Application AnalystÂ¿s test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
13. Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
14. Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
15. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
16. Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
17. Recommends areas for process improvements.
18. Provides on-call support for applications. 1
9. Provides input into policy and procedure redesign.
20. Functions as a preceptor for new staff in the department.
21. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
22. Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
23. Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience.
2.Must be EPIC Willow Certified
3.Minimum of three years of IT experience preferably in healthcare or related field.
4. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
5. Works independently and effectively manages time with little or no supervision.
6. Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
7. Effective oral and written communication.
8. Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
9. Collaborates with other team members across the department.
10. Demonstrates self-direction.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.