Applications Analyst Ii
The Applications Analyst II gathers business requirements, conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications and build to ensure that developed information technology solutions support business objectives. This level works with minimal supervision and acts as a resource for Applications Analyst I.
1. Ability to effectively share knowledge with and mentor Applications Analyst I.
2. Installs/upgrades new/existing applications and components, configures application settings, and validates work performed by Application Analyst I.
3. Assists in the coordination of end user support activities.
4. Attends, participates in, and contributes to meetings throughout the facility.
5. Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
6. Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
7. Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements. 8. Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution. 9. Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system. 10. Creates system specifications from user requirements. 11. Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications. 12. Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews Application Analyst IÂ¿s test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness. 13. Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support. 14. Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments. 15. Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues and to higher level staff. 16. Updates system, operational, and department documentation. 17. Recommends areas for process improvements. 18. Provides on-call support for applications. 19. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein. 20. Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day. 21. Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience.
2. Minimum of two years of IT or equivalent work experience.
3. Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
4. Works independently and effectively manages time with minimal supervision.
5. Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
6. Effective oral and written communication.
7. Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
8. Collaborates with other team members across the department.
9. Demonstrates self-direction.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Bachelors degree.
2. Healthcare experience or related field.
1. Epic and/or other relevant certification(s) are preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.