Application Analyst III-Epic Ambulatory
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The Applications Analyst III, Epic Ambulatory gathers business requirements, conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications and build to ensure that developed information technology solutions support business objectives. This level works with little or no supervision and acts as a resource for lower level Application Analysts.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1 “Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of Applications Analyst III, Epic Ambulatory at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Ability to effectively share knowledge with and mentor lower level Application Analysts.
- Installs/upgrades new/existing applications and components, configures application settings, and validates work performed by lower level Application Analysts.
- Assists in the coordination of end user support activities.
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to meetings throughout the facility. Coordinates and runs meetings within the IT department.
- Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Creates system specifications from user requirements.
- Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews lower level Application Analys's test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvements.
- Provides on-call support for applications.
- Provides input into policy and procedure redesign.
- Functions as a preceptor for new staff in the department.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of three years of IT experience preferably in healthcare or related field.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Works independently and effectively manages time with little or no supervision.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
- Collaborates with other team members across the department.
- Demonstrates self-direction.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Epic Certification. (Epic and/or other relevant certification(s) or where applicable, other relevant applications experience)
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.