Office Nurse RN - Pediatric Urology (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Office RN provides professional nursing care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice. Serves as a liaison between the patients and the provider. Performs other duties as may be requested.
A day in the life of an Office Nurse RN at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities.
- Ensures communication among physician, patient, and outside referral sources is accurate and timely.
- Proactively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are provided with all necessary information.
- Informs patients of test results according to the practice guidelines and care or follow up instructions.
- All information relayed to patients is clearly and thoroughly understood.
- Consistently complies with CLIA, OSHA, and other state/government regulatory standards/ requirements and agencies.
- Refers regularly to the POL Policy Manual.
- Ensures that medical waste and syringes and needles are handled, and disposed of properly.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Smiles, making patients/visitors feel welcome and important; makes direct eye contact; responds promptly to patients' needs; monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes customers feel welcomed.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake.
- Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Date of service using MM/DD/YYYY format; Vital Signs and Weight as per practiced.
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms.
- Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment.
- Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients.
- Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment. Seeks out information from team members about their supply needs and initiates the ordering process.
- Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, when supplies are low.
- Assists with unpacking, storing, and management of supplies
- Performs professional nursing duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Consistently, accurately and independently prioritizes and completes nursing assignments within office guidelines.
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history and records information in patient chart.
- Promotes patient satisfaction through demonstrated commitment to providing excellent service by interacting in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Communicates potential patient satisfaction issues to the manager. Keeps informed regarding the practice's performance within the patient's chart.
- Adapts work schedule to meet the needs of the practice and works additional hours as requested to maintain adequate coverage for the practice. Willing to cross cover.
- Clocks in at designated start time.
- Manages time efficiently to prevent unapproved OT.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ RN License.
- CPR certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.