Provide basic telephone, mail and clerical support to the office. Provide assistance and guidance to customers in need of general information.
- Telephone Support – Answer phone promptly and in a courteous manner. Take accurate and complete phone messages, obtain proper information and relay to the appropriate person.
- Customer Service – Provide assistance, guidance and/or direction to visitors and patients. Ascertain the nature of their business and assist and direct visitors and patients to the appropriate person.
- Mail Circulation – Sort and distribute mail accurately on a daily basis.
- Physician Order Documentation – Maintain incoming and mailing of physician’s orders.
- Photocopying – Photocopy and distribute materials, correspondence and/or reports as requested.
- Fax Reports (Blood Work / Labs) – Log faxes in appropriate lab book and verify that lab report is received. Fax blood work / labs on a daily basis and assure log books are accurate and complete.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMH’s Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 2 hours a day.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma
- One (1) to Two (2) Years Receptionist or Related Healthcare Experience
- Good Customer Service Skills
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.