Vice President Chief Medical Officer, Ocean Medical Center
Hackensack Meridian Health is New Jersey’s largest and most comprehensive health network, with more top-ranked hospitals than any system in the state. Our team members are creative, courageous, compassionate, collaborative and connected in order to provide the highest level of care to every patient. Together, we are committed to transforming health care through innovation, providing human-centered care that is accessible and affordable and creating a new standard of excellence. At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are looking for team members who are ready to have a positive impact on someone’s life, today and every day.
The VP, CMO reports to the Southern Regional President, HMH with a dotted line reporting relationship to the assigned Hospital Medical Center Chief Hospital Executive (or designee). At each hospital, the CMO is a member of the Administrative leadership team and functions as the HMH administrative leader responsible for planning, organizing and directing the daily clinical activities of the medical staff and advanced practice providers. In hospitals without a chief quality officer, s/he oversees improvement of all aspects of clinical quality and performance improvement. The CMO serves as the key administrative liaison to the medical staff and advocates on their behalf. S/he works collaboratively with department chairs, collaborates with the Director of Medical Affairs, hospital administration, and nursing leaders to drive the organization to higher levels of performance and innovation.
- Bachelors (BA/BS) and Medical (MD, DO) Degrees.
- Advanced degree in Informatics or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters of Public Health (MPH).
- Minimum 15 years management experience in managing a clinical department or division.
- Minimum 8 years progressive and results oriented experience in an Informatics-related role, including leading quality improvement/standardization efforts among MDs.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with colleagues, Board of Governors, personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public and possess an understanding of people and a sense of accountability, fairness and consistency
- Demonstrated accomplishments in Informatics/Decision Support.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Excellent influencing, communications, and operational management skills to drive results.
- Knowledge of information technology and management information systems.
- Medical license in the state of New Jersey or another state (NJ license preferred).
- Board certified MD in an ABMS-approved specialty.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.