Vascular Technician- (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Registered Vascular Tech performs vascular testing procedures under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager. Assists physician both in office and intra-operatively during venous procedures. Operates testing devices to conduct non-invasive peripheral vascular studies; ensures that the equipment and records for these tests are properly maintained and that the necessary supplies are available.
A day in the life of a Vascular Tech at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Smiles, making patients/visitors feel welcome and important; makes direct eye contact; responds promptly to patients' needs; monitors ultrasound appointment schedule and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Obtains required demographic information from patient and verifies insurance coverage prior to initiating procedure.
- Completes pertinent patient history and accurately records data into ultrasound equipment. Keeps exam and ultrasound rooms and equipment clean and in working order.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake.
- Completes authorized patient chart documentation according to standard established by the physician, in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Performs the following functions, including, but not limited to: Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight - Competently performs vascular ultrasound diagnostic procedures of specified body areas by properly positioning patients; locating/scanning areas for interpretation as directed by the physicians.
- Assists the surgeon in the operating room, providing ultrasound guidance pre-op/intra-op/ post-op during vascular procedures with proper usage of intraoperative ultrasound equipment and techniques.
- Monitors patient's venous status. - Recognition of and attainment of adequate standardized views, and identification of abnormal structures or findings.
- Study is performed to the specifications requested by physician. - Develops films of acceptable quality with minimum retakes.
- Completes proper forms and documents findings for physician review
- Enters all results into database. Prints reports and distributes as per office policy.
- Performs required number of scans per day to maximize utilization of ultrasound equipment and obtain clinical results for increased quality of care. Assists in compiling monthly statistics, including referral information, and reporting data as requested. - Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities. Ensures communication among physician, patient, and outside referral sources is accurate and timely. Assists in ordering proper tests, prevention of duplication of tests - Monitors vascular ultrasound supply inventory and equipment.
- Works within parameters established for expense budget.
- Assists with unpacking storing, and/or distribution of supplies upon delivery.
- Demonstrates a high level of ability to troubleshoot equipment.Maintains ultrasound equipment by performing scheduled cleanings/tests and documents results. Acts quickly and responsibly to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Interprets implements and enforces vascular laboratory policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of CLIA, OSHA, ICAVL, and other state/government regulatory standards/ requirements. Maintains knowledge of standards in guiding all aspects of laboratory functions.
- Participates, develops, implements, and evaluates the accreditation audit process
- Graduate of a Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program -
- Candidates must be registered by ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Previous Vascular Technologist experience strongly preferred
- (2) years in a vascular lab
- CPR certification required
- Computer Proficiency,Current overview and knowledge of all operations with Ultrasound including diagnostic medical ultrasound systems and portables is required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.