Unit Secretary - Telemetry/Stroke - F/T Nights
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Unit Secretary at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performing clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and documentation of patient information while prioritizing and organizing work assignments based on changing needs and situations in the department
- Greeting patients and families. Assisting them in filling out necessary forms and paperwork.
- Completing admission and discharge paper work and file processing
- Developing a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing and clinical staff and responding to questions/requests from healthcare providers
- Organizing and filing medical information appropriately
- Answering the phones and call bell and communicating clearly when receiving information from other units, physicians and/or guests
- Safeguarding sensitive medical information and practicing strict procedures in handling confidentiality of data pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors
- Serving as a resource within the department in terms of helping to troubleshoot computer and systems usage issues
- Maintaining and stocking all designated clerical related supplies and equipment in the department
- Completing other/varied tasks as necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the department
- High school Diploma or GED is required
- Completion of a Secretarial course and/or a Medical terminology course is preferred
- Previous experience as a Nursing Unit Secretary in a hospital setting is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with medical vocabulary and general understanding of hospital policy & procedures. General computer skills, including order entry and basic proficiency with Microsoft Office, are required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. You must enjoy working with patients and their families, and be both flexible and adaptable in adjusting to changes in patient population and volume. The ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times is critical.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.