How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Radiology Team at Ocean Medical Center provides Diagnostic Imaging in the areas of Ultrasound, Women's, MRI, Cat Scan, Mammography, nuclear and x-ray. Here are some highlights:
- OMC is a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence, the only one of the southern Hackensack Meridian Hospitals.
- OMC had the highest team satisfaction scores of the network in 2017.
- Women's Imaging at OMC had the highest patient satisfaction scores in 2017.
- The Radiology Room became a show site for OMC with a new fluoroscopy machine which is the first one in North America. The technology was just approved in September 2018.
- OMC is a teaching hospital in x-ray and all other departments. We accept students from Brookdale, Middlesex, Rutgers and JFK.
- OMC's Nuclear Department performs imaging tests that aren't offered anywhere else.
- Radiology has newer equipment and there is cross training between sub-departments.
- Retention is high and turnover is low in Radiology at OMC.
Here are some ways that our Radiology Team demonstrates Hackensack Meridian Health's Culture:
- Collaboration is a strong part of Radiology's culture. The sub-departments of Radiology all work together to support each other, whether it's by providing staff, answering questions, or training.
- Creativity is part of the day-to-day in Radiology because sometimes creative ways of imaging patients are needed.
- Compassion is important, because many patients are scared and have not had radiology testing done before.
- Courage is important because team members must speak up if they see something, such as a missing diagnostic test to ensure safety during an imaging procedure.
A day in the life of an Ultrasound Technologist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Performing ultrasound exams on inpatients, outpatients, and ED patients and portables on the patient floors
- Working independently in a fast paced environment while providing exceptional care
- Using various imaging and hospital computer systems including and not limited to RIS and PACS
- Interacting with referring physicians and offices and completing ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations
- Providing per diem ultrasound coverage as needed, including evening, overnight, weekend and holiday hours
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program
- Must be ARDMS Certified - American Registry for Diagnostic Sonography
- Hospital experience is preferred
- CPR/BLS certification by American Heart Association is required upon employment
- Must be flexible to work varied days/hours
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.